Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Come on, @the_bear. Although Taiwan has, and continues to, do great, there certainly was a large element of luck involved. If were were under the KMT, we’d all be under lockdown now.

2 Likes

Agreed. Hoping Hospital catastrophe happened after Taiwan proclaimed it was free if the problem.

The price of freedom is constant vigilant caution.

2 Likes

For newbies here, Icon is referencing the horrible low point of SARS 1.0 in Taiwan back in 2003.

Guy

2 Likes

Meanwhile, seven more imported cases reported today:

Guy

+1 for the plastic dividers, I thought for sure they’d have them when I took my quarantine taxi 3 days ago. They covered me and my luggage in sanitiser, even the bottom of my shoes before I got in.

Yeah I was reading the report of the superspreader in Jilin City. Something like 90 people infected (all asymptomatic?). How come this has never happened in Taiwan? Is it pure luck? Aren’t China’s controls also robust? We’re the only country in the world in which no real clusters occurred (except for the seamen of course) and no superspreaders. I can’t explain it myself. The virus just doesn’t
seem to ever go anywhere. I personally don’t see it as luck. I may be wrong. But time and again we’ve had people in this thread insisting that the jig is up. That the virus is out there and spreading unbeknownst to us. That it’s just a matter of time till we’re found out. That we’ve dropped our guard etc. etc. And yet here we are…one year in and still virus free. :ponder:

Well, we’re vastly smaller than China, we have a better medical infrastructure, and we have no land border with anyone. So far all have turned out to be advantages. I hope it stays that way!

Guy

4 Likes

Hand sanitizer and masks. Maybe they are the solution.

1 Like

Presser at 10 pm tonight…

That’s…odd? :grimacing:

Did they do one earlier?

Yes, anyone know where to get English info?

I guess it says those people did a test and another nurse tested positive.

Anyone else hear anything?

One more local case - a nurse caught it from the doctor.

1 Like

852 people tested so far, in the circle of the infected doctor.

Plans were set for 2500 people.

One nurse, asymptomatic.

Minister Chen holding back tears.

She drives herself to work in motorcycle, family in quarantine in hospital, she lives at home. Further data will be released if necessary. Father and brother a bit of sniffles, cough so at hospital.

Nurse worked with doctor approximately one hour.

Minister Chen also has a cold, he has been tested for Covid-19. Just an unhappy cold.

Nurse was tested January 11, on the 14th started having a bit of a cough, went to clinic with fever on the 15th, tested positive 16th, now in hospital ward.

Now 30 nurses and 20 something doctors in isolation, as per press.

4 Likes

Was he?

New border policy

2 Likes

Good. It’s time to start planning for a reopening.

Great idea. Which are coming in first? Chinese or Americans? Gonna be a right fucking shitshow.

4 Likes

Actually, Minister Chen was suffering from symptoms similar to COVID-19, or ordinary flu.

After testing, he was found to be, thank God, not infected by COVID-19, but by a wait for it…

RHINOVIRUS!!!

Duck and cover everybody! Minister Chen is infected with Rhinovirus.

1 Like