Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Possibly an acute phase reaction that gets out of control.
There’s no good definition of it. If he didn’t have a fever it probably wasn’t this.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMra2026131

Nearly all patients with cytokine storm
are febrile, and the fever may be high grade in
severe cases.8
In addition, patients may have fatigue, anorexia, headache, rash, diarrhea, arthralgia, myalgia, and neuropsychiatric findings.
These symptoms may be due directly to cytokineinduced tissue damage or acute-phase physiological changes or may result from immunecell–mediated responses. Cases can progress
rapidly to disseminated intravascular coagulation
with either vascular occlusion or catastrophic
hemorrhages, dyspnea, hypoxemia, hypotension,
hemostatic imbalance, vasodilatory shock, and
death. Many patients have respiratory symptoms,
including cough and tachypnea, that can progress to acute respiratory distress syndrome
(ARDS), with hypoxemia that may require mechanical ventilation. The combination of hyperinflammation, coagulopathy, and low platelet
counts places patients with cytokine storm at
high risk for spontaneous hemorrhage.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/45583244_Neuroleptic_malignant_syndrome_A_neuroimmunologic_hypothesis/figures?lo=1

No hay por donde.

I do find every presser interesting but lately they are a bit stressful.

1 Like

It’s been flat for days, but it’s not going down.

They don’t want to spread to family, or are afraid they’ll get worse.

So how do you treat this kind of condition? Immunosuppressive drugs (like the kind used for organ transplants)?

100台北市中正區廣州街15號
This is where I had to go for the ARC paperwork

1 Like

I think those cheap steroid drugs… I don’t think they use the hardcore immunosuppressant drugs. Those require careful monitoring. Not sure.

Probably folks begging for extensions after being fired from buxiban jobs. Those must be thousands.

Sunday they will try out/practice shutting down boroughs in Taipei.

Source?

1 Like

The internet.

1 Like

Multiple friends sharing one cold? Also why the duck would anyone go anywhere near a hospital with a cold?

1 Like

Just having the Hill Billy blues probably. Anyways, you don’t go to a hospital with a cold, you rest, drink hot lemon tea and take some cold medicine you can buy at the pharmacy.

2 Likes

I wonder if level 4 applies to work.

Oh hell no. Will just apply to weekends probably.

2 Likes

Lockdowns never included NOT going to work for many. It’s a brain fart of Mayor Ko.

2 Likes

Lockdown at weekends, left to the discretion of employers Monday to Friday.

3 Likes

So it’ll probably be no earlier than 2022 before TW starts seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

One thing I dont understand that is it lack of trust from government, the fear of just plain death or overconfidence in masks or what is the reason that people would just like hoarding in one place.

New Taipei City