Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Don’t really see your point. If the vaccine becomes available I’ll take it and then, in my case, I’ll be good to return to NZ. Taiwan, zero cases, New Zealand zero cases. Why shouldn’t I return home?

3 Likes

Look, it’s human, everybody seem to be able to find an excuse to put himself at risk. This is the sum of those personal situations that creates systemic risk.

If you got infected you have to stay in hospital on return till they clear you (even if symptoms long gone ), massive pain …

So don’t get infected!

Not sure what the vaccine will change in this case, it is not like you want to go to UK.

It will allow him to travel back without hopefully needing a quarantine period upon returning and eliminate the risk of catching covid-19 during the flight. Try to keep up.

1 Like

I’m having difficulty keeping up. What is preventing you from seeing your family? Is there a vaccine requirement to travel?

It is were you are wrong, it doesn’t eliminate the risk, just reduces it. Just look at the flue jab. Vaccine works better on a collective than on an individual.

Quarantine. Two weeks plus two weeks when I come back.

If you have the vaccine you can skip quarantine?

Not in the current state of knowledge, as far as I know.

Yeah well this all has to be worked out going forwards. Who knows…

1 Like

Two more UK version:

Yeah going forward there is a lot of unknown, there is already a mutation in SA that has the potential beat the current vaccines.

I love that word mutant. Mutant killer virus!

All viruses mutate.

2 Likes

Again vaccine are not proven to prevent contagion by an individual at this stage. So I don’t think it will be vaccine or quarantine in the short term.

They get 8 legs and 6 wings!

1 Like

The SA version seems very concerning, it is near us in Japan already:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/south-africa-covid-variant-appears-to-obviate-antibody-drugs-dr-scott-gottlieb-says.html

1 Like

Hey wait. UK Variant, South Africa variant, but we cannot call it the Chinese virus?

Why the double standard?

If we’re following the rules then it needs to be COVID-20.

6 Likes

No. At least not in Taiwan.

Guy