Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Any rumors of what hospital it is?

1 Like

Nah, not that Iā€™ve seen (in English). Iā€™m guessing there will be a press conference later?

Bit worrying. Iā€™m on my way to the hospital now, as instructed by 1922 phone line due to my throat completely closing up. I last entered Taiwan in September though so hopefully it is just the flu. Weird as my nose is completely fine. Never had a flu or cold like this before.

1 Like

I hope you didnā€™t take the MRT.

1 Like

If we get outta this unscathed I recommend Taiwan creates a new Chinese Zodiac (Cat, like the Vietnamese) on account of their nine lives. How there hasnā€™t been an outbreak yet is truly a wonder.

2 Likes

Year of the Pussy?

be careful, good luck!

ā€œThey said the unnamed hospital was evacuating and relocating some of its patients to other hospitals late Monday.ā€

Thatā€™s the best way to prevent spreading. :thinking:

4 Likes

Letā€™s not all get our knickers in a twist yet again. Iā€™ll let you know what the presser says in ten minutes and then we can all run around crying the sky is falling like we do every single time.

2 Likes

Jesus the comments in the YT live feed. These people are fucking idiots.

1 Like

@icon approves

1 Like

Please keep us informed, you are our ears!

LIVE STREAM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQLW1TqIug

1 Like

New study about airplanes and COVID

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise that anyone thought otherwise, but it appears that the airline industry has funded research that concluded people are more likely to get struck by lightning than contract Covid on a long haul flight. Wankers!

I guess thatā€™s what forced these researchers to waste time proving otherwise.

1 Like

Early snippet, two malls and an IKEA in Taoyuan County forced to suspend operations after a medical center reported a local infection.

Presser yet to start.

9 Likes

Press delayed for 20 minutes, is it a bad news?

Just gathering information.

1 Like

Started

So two local cases. A doctor and a nurse. Doctor caught it from patient in negative pressure room. Nurse is doctors GF.

Chen doesnā€™t think thereā€™s spread in the hospital so far. Testing of course is underway. Evacuation is to carry out deep clean of the hospital.

15 Likes