Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

You can take a Taiwanese out of Taiwan, but you can’t take Taiwan out of a Taiwanese :rofl:

Oh ok, outside and noone around shouldn’t matter. Sorry ^^

5 Likes

A Taiwanese friend visited NorCal and SoCal over Christmas vacation (their family lives on West Coast).
They remarked that nearly no one was wearing masks in California, even as their famiky did for their own reasons.
They went to Disneyland with their young children and even in the ride lines teenagers were taking off masks.

2 Likes

Well if you sneeze into the mask it gets the mask all wet and disgusting :innocent:

2 Likes

If you do it once you’ll never do it again.

1 Like

I think confirmed case went to Kaohsiung and visited the Kaohsiung arena.

transmission risk was quite low it seems. Seems a non infectious period according to the article. footprints have gone include the Marriott Hotel, Tanzuomali Art Museum, Hanshen Arena, and Yixiang Tiandi (Xu Ji and Food Collection), all of which have been thoroughly cleaned up.

got the spraying crew on deck

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I go to Kaohsiung Arena like twice a week lol. But like you and the article said, chance of transmission is low. If the CDC isn’t worried, neither am I. There was a big concert and festival over the weekend at the place. Barely shoulder room to move. So Omicron would have a field day there.

3 Likes

Yep. Up to one to three months free room and board and up to 16 nose swabs before they let you out.

Then you change the mask.

I’m sending you a box of Hello Kitty ones. Do you want the Pokemon too?

1 Like

“… might not be enough”.

LOL.

On the one hand we’ve got an 80% vaccinated population, and on the other we’ve got the CECC saying, “don’t worry, masks will save us all!” when everyone knows that cloth masks are essentially useless and the standard blue surgical masks do next-to-nothing.

It’s almost as if they expect the vaccines to fail miserably, isn’t it?

Omnicron sounds like a computer virus

FYI:
If someone tests positive on arrival, they will be taken to hospital for further inspection and testing.

In that case the hotel is required to return your deposit. (force majeure)

2 Likes

When do we get flame throwers?

Don’t we deserve flame throwers?

7 Likes

This dude can hook you up.

4 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes

Oh. I got that wrong, too, then. By the title, I wasn’t expecting this here to be the continuation of the “Taiwan Open” thread Coronavirus - Taiwan Open November/December 2021. instead, the title led me to believe this here is about “Taiwan developments”, eg. new stuff happening in Taiwan (Pressers, rules, …). Hence my similar rant way up-thread ^^

However, looking back at the current and old threads tagged COVID-19, it seems I remembered wrong: also in 2021 it seems there was no dedicated “Taiwan Developments” thread like @SuiGeneris and I were expecting. The closest one indeed seems to be the one about current rules: Nationwide: Level 2 epidemic warning (from October 17, 2021) - Rules, FAQ.

I guess, as suggested one should simply follow the official Taiwan news agency CNA “society” section every day to get all (and only) the relevant info about pressers and new rules.

Anyway, here is the 2022 COVID-19 threads overview as I understand it:

General “open” Taiwan-related, including discussion about past, future, smartness of CDC or otherwise, …:Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments 2022

General open, not Taiwan related: Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

Taiwan Vaccine general and 1st shot: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

Taiwan Vaccine general 2nd shot:Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Taiwan Vaccine general 3rd shot:COVID-19 Booster Shots in Taiwan

Taiwan Digital Vaccine Certificate: Taiwan’s Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明)

Vaccine general: Coronavirus vaccination: pros, cons, alternatives

And several other threads:

COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

Coronavirus Funny Pictures etc. (political too) 2022 edition

Extending an ARC in COVID times (2022 edition)

8 Likes

Yeah I changed the name, but it’s a continuation of the open thread for discussion about any Taiwan developments :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s a prediction. It’s only January 11, and we are approaching 900 posts in this new thread—so monthly breakdowns are coming. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

10 Likes

Maybe it is? At least it’s not the name of any COVID variant we know of yet ^^

In the meanwhile, enjoy this quiz:

1 Like

17 cases in 5 flights. COVID fight leader says: it is as expected.

Gulp.

3 Likes