Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

FYI:
If someone tests positive on arrival, they will be taken to hospital for further inspection and testing.

In that case the hotel is required to return your deposit. (force majeure)

2 Likes

When do we get flame throwers?

Don’t we deserve flame throwers?

7 Likes

This dude can hook you up.

4 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes

Oh. I got that wrong, too, then. By the title, I wasn’t expecting this here to be the continuation of the “Taiwan Open” thread Coronavirus - Taiwan Open November/December 2021. instead, the title led me to believe this here is about “Taiwan developments”, eg. new stuff happening in Taiwan (Pressers, rules, …). Hence my similar rant way up-thread ^^

However, looking back at the current and old threads tagged COVID-19, it seems I remembered wrong: also in 2021 it seems there was no dedicated “Taiwan Developments” thread like @SuiGeneris and I were expecting. The closest one indeed seems to be the one about current rules: Nationwide: Level 2 epidemic warning (from October 17, 2021) - Rules, FAQ.

I guess, as suggested one should simply follow the official Taiwan news agency CNA “society” section every day to get all (and only) the relevant info about pressers and new rules.

Anyway, here is the 2022 COVID-19 threads overview as I understand it:

General “open” Taiwan-related, including discussion about past, future, smartness of CDC or otherwise, …:Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments 2022

General open, not Taiwan related: Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

Taiwan Vaccine general and 1st shot: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

Taiwan Vaccine general 2nd shot:Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Taiwan Vaccine general 3rd shot:COVID-19 Booster Shots in Taiwan

Taiwan Digital Vaccine Certificate: Taiwan’s Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明)

Vaccine general: Coronavirus vaccination: pros, cons, alternatives

And several other threads:

COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

Coronavirus Funny Pictures etc. (political too) 2022 edition

Extending an ARC in COVID times (2022 edition)

8 Likes

Yeah I changed the name, but it’s a continuation of the open thread for discussion about any Taiwan developments :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s a prediction. It’s only January 11, and we are approaching 900 posts in this new thread—so monthly breakdowns are coming. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

10 Likes

Maybe it is? At least it’s not the name of any COVID variant we know of yet ^^

In the meanwhile, enjoy this quiz:

1 Like

17 cases in 5 flights. COVID fight leader says: it is as expected.

Gulp.

3 Likes

17 tested on arrival and positive rather than in Quarantine later on.

2 Likes

12 + 58 = 70 and no deaths.

27 of the 58 arrived from the USA.

Regarding the lack of links - CDC hasn’t added any press releases for yesterday, and today, so who knows what is going on. Likewise, no Vaccination Statistics either.

7 Likes

Damn.

I wonder why so many are coming in with it?

Plus aren’t flights limited? That’s everyone on a flight lol

The usual CNY pilgrimage back to the homeland, aided and abetted by Omicron.

5 Likes

It’s only a couple on each flight.

2 Likes

lmao higher than expected? do they not see what is happening? 700k a day in the USA, and who knows how many are untested…The amount of people currently infected by omicron around the world is astronomical and the officials are surprised. ok.

2 Likes

The command center said that today’s new local cases are 6 males and 6 females, aged between 5 and 60 years old, including the nurses who have been diagnosed by Beicheng United Medical, the parents of the confirmed cases, and the family members of the cleaners. , employees of the electronics factory and others, are successively collecting and inspecting.

Among the local cases, 2 cases are the family members of airport cleaning staff; 4 cases are workplace clusters of friends of the confirmed living service staff; 2 cases are the relatives of the clients serving the living staff; A total of 3 medical staff and their friends have been diagnosed.

2 Likes

Do I have to wear mask in the gym now? Not sure anymore

My local gym said yes. Masks back on.

4 Likes