Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

No offence taken.

Guy

1 Like

Partner says Local news is saying special Press Conference at 14:00 today.
:hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

2 Likes

I saw there was a local Omicron case on a news blurb last night and fear of community transmission.

Not Cases then as the number is 0 + 20 = 20 and no deaths.
Though some discussion on what seems to be that Hotel Quarantine transmission mentioned a few days back.

6 Likes

I’m hearing the Taipei school case may be Delta, not Omicron.

Following

It’s bizarre isn’t it discussing one or two cases when there’s millions walking round in the US and the UK infected and unquarantined. Not saying it’s good or bad, just bizarre.

2 Likes

All that started with one case once upon a time too.

1 Like

So did we learn anything from the presser?

Guy

My limited understanding, and from advice given by my partner, is that there might be another case, one who was on the 10 + 4 + 7 and seems to have tested positive for Delta during the 4 days.

2 Likes

So how bad is it, Doc? Give it to me straight.

You will Live!!

3 Likes

But in case you don’t live, get your “Affairs into Order” and update your will so that I am the sole beneficiary, and nominate that your body is to be donated to science.

1 Like

I’m not worried about dying as much as I’m worried about locking down again! :stuck_out_tongue: But sure. I’ll leave you my wife’s stinky tofu that’s been sitting in the fridge overnight.

1 Like

“I, @DrewC , hereby pledge to give all my worldly goods and possessions to @yinggeaussie.”

I wonder if this sort of declaration on forumosa would be legally legit. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

I’ve long wondered how one could even tell if that’s gone bad.

Probably starts to smell better after it’s gone bad!

1 Like

Updated information on the Delta case here.

The Kindergarten had a total of 5 kindergarten classes, plus one class of 2 year olds. 165 students and 22 faculty. The kindergarten had a separate entrance from the elementary school, so the elementary school will not be closed. The father walked his child to school, but never entered the campus.

He has only visited the kindergarten, grocery store, and breakfast shop during the week since he left quarantine.

They are starting by testing the students and teachers on the same floor as the child. If positive, they will go into at-home isolation

from reddit.

hotel cluster update. Says it was via a/c most likely…

As I said in the previous thread, quarantine hotels ventilation is not up to par…no matter how you try to spin it.

5 Likes

You have to have open windows otherwise you’re just recirculating bad air.

I’ve got six students this semester with depression and/or anxiety. I’ve never experienced that before. Has anyone else noticed anything similar? I’m wondering whether it’s just chance.

3 Likes