Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

My imagination isn’t dark enough to fully understand what might be worse than that lunchbox, but you have my sympathy.

4 Likes

Hey, that meat is solid. Imagine it as a liquid

4 Likes

This is Hong Kong? No PRTC behaving like it’s rulers wish it to.
Bring back the KMT one China One rule.

That one doesn’t look that bad.
I was expecting a lot worse.

We really need a huge outbreak so bullshit like this can end.

2 Likes

That’s awful. But not surprising I suppose. Governments are gonna exploit whoever they can…a tale as old as time.

Well people liked to call me paranoid but this is exactly what I am afraid of. Being in a workplace or setting where we are all thrown in a qt facility against our will because of one suspected positive case. If they do this to children there will be no hesitation to do this to large numbers of adults. This is insanity.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed there is a huge surge this spring. That way either we won’t be able to get in at all or they will start to face reality and learn to live with it like everyone else in the world. Except China and HK of course, who Taiwan seems to have an awful lot in common with despite their arguments to the contrary. Pretty soon you won’t be allowed to see more than one person a day or leave your flat but you will of course be reporting to work. I’ve been through this once before :frowning:

I cannot believe that people are dumb enough to think that going to a store where a positive person was at some point means that they can catch it from being in the room, touching merchandise, opening the door, etc. This was disproven ages ago everywhere else. Why is it taking them so long to catch up???

2 Likes

The pandemic is now entering its third year. During that entire time, we who are actually here in Taiwan have not seen anything resembling what you are claiming.

Guy

4 Likes

Not yet you haven’t but remember Taiwan is 2 years behind everyone else where this virus is concerned so you have no idea how your gov’t is going to react when the numbers inevitable go up. The country is never going to get to herd immunity with the current approach. You can’t keep the borders closed forever and as everyone is pointing out above, more measures are coming into place even though there are no deaths or serious illness. The goalposts are continually moved, how can you not be concerned about that? Sounds like promises were made that things would be more open after 70% vaccinated and where are you now? 82% at least and there seems to be no intention of letting people move about. I suppose if you are happy to stay on the island forever it is no problem. But I would not be surprised at all if Taiwan goes the route of HK.

7 Likes

Never mind, figured it out, yay.

Maybe I can sneak on and hide in plane toilets :rofl:

3 Likes

“I am very much looking forward to the opportunity to visit Taiwan and show that the UK will stand up for the protection of the island’s democratic values under increased pressure from Beijing,” said Tugendhat, who is to be part of the nine-person delegation.

either he gets a golden ticket or gets to do what regular folk have to do…quarantine…PCR…PCR…PCR…more quarantine…PCR PCR quarantine…PCR self health monitoring BYE

4 Likes

Yeah see how they like it :+1::pray:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wtf does that mean for me then? :poop: :poop: :poop: looks like I can’t go to there…Hope Thailand doesn’t pull this too, because my vaccine card is from Taiwan.

It would be really interesting if countries start to impose reciprocity in terms of quarantine. If we have to quarantine in your country, then you must do the same in ours. Would never happen, but in some alternate universe trump is forcing everybody from taiwan to quarantine in a dead hooker motel.

also, some data.

oo so scary, runny nose…what ever shall we do? better shut down everything.

6 Likes

Runny nose is NOT Fever :sneezing_face: :hot_face:

I had Omicron, so did my son and just about everyone I know in U.K… yeah snotty nose no fever ever! how to over extenuate ailments.

I believe they (TW CDC) are starting to lose the narrative. My wife, a former social worker who follows rules precisely, is starting to question the policies. I can only hope.

5 Likes

Hard to say from that article whether they are referring to the Digital Vaccination Certificates or to the Yellow Cards.

It’s a bit jarring to see posters on foruomosa dancing with joy over Philippine incompetence and the nonrecognition of certification from Taiwan. The dissonance here is quite something.

In any case, discussion of this case has its own thread here:

Guy

3 Likes