Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

At least we are still able to trace back. Hope it stays that way for another week or so.

1 Like

So it looks like life is going to go on as normal for now then? (other than wearing a mask while exercising, which I only dumped about two weeks ago for fear of someone taking a picture of a maskless foreigner)

3 Likes

Ah no. Maybe one week tops. Taoyuan just announced its sending all the poor fuckers it sweeps up through contact tracing to central and southern Taiwan. It has no space for them anymore. Too many cases flying in and theyā€™re going mad trying to trace cases.

There were four cases in a tech company today so thatā€™s that entire building packed off in buses.
It has to stop right now, within the next two days or itā€™s Level 3.5.

6 Likes

Just have to accept the inevitableā€¦ but seems people in power cannot adopt to changesā€¦

My selfish ass doesnā€™t care if we close as long as itā€™s after my health check in two days :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Buses to where? Testing?

Southern Taiwan? I hope they gave them diapers.

meme

4 Likes

Isolation at the governments pleasure - until they decide its safe to let them loose again.

Being perfectly honest, Iā€™m more afraid of being bused off to some unknown location with only whatever I happen to have on me at the time and forced to sit around in a crappy facility for two weeks with nothing but biandangs for food than I am of catching COVID or even having to subject myself to another freaking brain swab. Should I start carrying a suitcase full of everything Iā€™d need for two weeks everywhere I go? At least clean undies, my computer, two pairs of noise-cancelling headphones (so one set can charge while I use the other), and power cords. Oh, and blankets. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have the AC set to 18 degrees or so, regardless of the temperature outside.

10 Likes

If thatā€™s how wide they cast the net, theyā€™ll soon have pretty much everyone imprisoned in whatever spare building has just had its occupants packed off to ā€¦ a different building.

The UK found this out pretty sharpish with their ā€˜pingdemicā€™. It nearly shut down the economy. Fortunately the plebs saw sense before the government did and deleted the app en masse.

6 Likes

Well yeah, the center will not hold. This approach very quickly becomes infeasible. I mean what do you do with all of the families of all of the workers in that one building. And then all of the people living in the same apartments as all of the families of all of the workers working in that one building with four confirmed cases.

All schools in Taoyuan shut from Jan 14.

6 Likes

Just saw that too. Students are getting early winter Omicron vacation.

2 Likes

I bet NTPC follows.

1 Like

Bugger! I was looking forward to bit of me time before taking care of my daughter.

thatā€™s what you get for being a daddy.

1 Like

You can have your free time when she goes back in 2023

2 Likes

I wonder what goes though the mind of those people that are found though contact tracing and turns out to be positive. Are they glad they caught it early or are they cursing the name of the person that listed them as a contact?

Cursing the name.

1 Like

Iā€™d be pissed just to be forced into quarantine just cause a bunch of rich Taiwanese Americans think itā€™s fun to fly in and out of Taiwan for kicks.

6 Likes

I really donā€™t think anyone is flying in and out just for kicks especially when they have to be quarantined when they come back. I donā€™t know of anyone that thinks that is fun.

5 Likes