Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

Well, if that’s the #1 story, I’d still count that as good news.

2 Likes

I’ve got enough salt to kill all life in the ocean. Lmao

1 Like

At least one high school was closed. Thankfully it wasn’t my son’s.

Yes, my partner says that “all is silent in regard to new cases” so far today.

2 Likes

For how much longer will we have to read headlines like “transmitted to three workers while in bank”, “transmitted at new year party”, “transmitted at KTV”, etc, and not read any headlines saying “transmitted as they walked past each other in the street”, and still have to wear masks outside peering in at full table after full table of maskless people inside restaurants.

I don’t mind wearing my mask on the MRT, I don’t mind wearing it in 7-11, but why am I wearing it in the park?

It feels like “optional masks outside” is the last rather than the first relaxation of mask rules.

1 Like

I was thinking about this last night. Why do they even post where they work etc in the news? They basically give all the details without saying their name. It wouldn’t be that hard to track them. The kids that get it probably get bullied too. So messed up. We don’t even need to know someone’s age where they work etc. All the news has to say is a very vague “they were at Costco blah blah location and 7-11 blah blah location. Please get tested if you visited these places on the 3rd to 6th.”

It doesn’t even matter if they went to Costco on the 8th. An employee could be working there spreading without symptoms long after dude visited. So stupid.

Oh and then doctors here disregard symptoms because you weren’t at the location at the same time the known case was.

Sorry had to rant.

3 Likes

Pfizers oral drug will arrive in Taiwan in March.

3 Likes

6 + 72 = 78 and no deaths
46 positives on arrival at the airport.
26 positives from Quarantine.

11 Likes

Maybe they got this under control after all.

1 Like

:egg: :egg: :hatching_chick: :x: :1234:

3 Likes

It will be under control, until it is not.

In the meantime, enjoy the sunny Saturday people! We have earned it!

Guy

1 Like

Where u have sun?

Taipei City, Gongguan.

Glorious sunshine now. :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

It’s been pretty good in Danshui today.

1 Like

I like your creative use of emojis, but considering some bearish posters were predicting we’d be at Level 99 by now, I’ll take my small victories where I can find them. Today is a good day, at least.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Covid, Vitamin D, and Taiwan

More details about the local cases:

2 Likes

2 Likes

If Taiwan manages to control this, will it be the first country to contain an Omicron outbreak?

2 Likes

One hour later than normal and they finally post the details of todays new cases on the CDC Website. (Until last week the Presser start preceded the website update by less than a minute).

4 Likes