Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

I saw a report from Wuhan, their answer was after the virus it may not work sometimes.

Dead men don’t bonk

1 Like

In the interest of full disclosure,
which testing company/manufacture do you work for?

Edit: typo

Actually the red horse should probably disclose his background. Seems to know an awful lot about whatever this is we’re talking about. Bat soup?

1 Like

Maybe we should test his background, but we have to use the dodgy test that are available.

Keelung City Mayor Lin Yu-chang (林右昌) on Tuesday (April 21) confirmed that a passenger who is believed to have sat next to one of the coronavirus-infected Navy sailors has yet to be located. He urged the individual to come forward and contact health authorities to minimize the possibility of the northern city experiencing its first community cluster.

Wonder under what stone is he living he has not heard of this case.

2 Likes

Flowery t-shirt. How can he be so flamboyant yet so mysterious?

He obviously doesn’t want to be found. Probably thinks he’ll get fired or socially stigmatized if he tests positive for covid (stupid reasoning, I know).

3 Likes

Living under a stone? Flowery t-shirt?
Sounds like a guy without a phone or bank card they can track.

Or in other words, stiffs don’t get stiffies.

1 Like

You caught me! I work for the Shenzen Pangolin King Faulty Testing Kit & Hand Sanitizer Corporation, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujian Mega Pet Toys Corporation, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the CCP.

I’m hoping that by posting on this humble forum, I can increase sales of our faulty test kits. If I fail, I likely won’t get a CNY bonus next year and could even lose my job.

All jokes aside, I am flattered that I’m now the source of conspiratorial suspicions. It’s interesting to me that some people think testing broadly and smartly and making decisions on a large set of data is so out of left field that it must be driven by a vested financial interest.

1 Like

We don’t think it’s left field but you come across as someone with far too much confidence in the subject to be your common or garden amateur epidemiologist (of which there are suddenly 1.6 billion in the world).

Fucking moondog is living in Keelung

4 Likes

a few broad tests at some sample communities could wipe out the conspiracy that the virus is unnoticiably spread, or could tell we don’t need to be afraid of the virus in Taiwan so much by some unknown reason.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what the testing in NZ is targeted at. Make sure it’s not hiding anywhere.

1 Like

If I told you that I had, say, a virology background, that alone wouldn’t make my arguments valid. Appeal to authority is dangerous.

I frequently post links and cite numbers from sources you can verify. And we’re all capable of fact-checking using Google. If I post something that is provably false or illogical, it’s fair to call me on it.

Most of the regular posters here have a point of view that becomes clear if you read enough of their posts. Mine is pretty transparent:

1. Taiwan is testing far less people than other countries, especially those that have also been successful in preventing or containing community spread. At the same time, Taiwan has not had to lock down, a unique combination among “top responders”.
  2. There’s often limited information about who is being tested here and how many times, but it appears that the testing protocol heavily weighs travel or direct exposure to travel cases, creating the possibility that local cases are not being detected and increasing the risk that community spread will eventually take hold and produce a larger outbreak of severe illness.
  3. Increased testing, both for active infections and antibodies, would provide a lot of useful, interesting data, especially given that Taiwan has not had the kind of outbreak that many other countries have. If we discovered, for instance, that there really are very few undetected cases here, Taiwan could adjust its prevention strategies accordingly (likely to the benefit of residents and the economy), and it would only help Taiwan increase its presence on the world stage in the fight against the virus. If on the other hand we discovered that a lot of people here were previously exposed, we could investigate why incidence of severe illness appears to be lower than in many other places. I think almost all hypothetical outcomes would be a net positive for Taiwan.
  4. If, on the other hand, we just assume that there are and/or were few local cases, the risk of an eventual outbreak is increased and all the good work done to date by the CDC and people living here could be wasted.
8 Likes

If it were 5, he/she will wear 5 masks? :thinking:

3 Likes

F*ck, I got a message yesterday and I deleted it without reading!

It sounds to me like he was taking the piss out of nz. He says he was in Taoyuan where there were two cases, and he’s made a big point of writing down that he’s wearing two masks and showing it to her. It’s a clear piss-take. He’s suggesting he thinks she’s neurotic about it, possibly because of the amount she discusses hygiene etc at work?

He’s being a tosser.

2 Likes

Guys, we’ve been getting it all wrong. Jesus was originally from Taiwan.

1 Like