Well it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn
But times have changed for sailors these days
When I’m in port I get what I need
Not just havanas or bananas or daiquiris
But that American creation on which I feed
Cheeseburger in paradise”
Jimmy knows!

1 Like

Are they really? You getting this from TV news or?

They may have had American military or contractors on board ?

3 Likes

Good people, but… not sure if I’d be comfortable having one for a father-in-law!

TV news so they might be stirring shit up. I can’t see why you’d lockdown till you have actual confirmed cases.

2 Likes

Yeah. There’s a rumour there was a “secret mission” because of the China situation. Which can only mean the seventh fleet.

3 Likes

Let’s not pull a China here and get ready to blame other countries before there’s any evidence to support this.

I’d remain skeptical of any military official who, under mounting pressure stemming from what looks to be a big f!ck-up, decides to reveal that there was a “confidential” mission that justified the activity implicated in the f!ck-up.

And even if this was true and the confidential mission could have led to exposure to service members from countries with confirmed cases, that would make the fact that crew members were reporting symptoms on board in March even more damning.

5 Likes

News report of the details of the 3 stage process set out by the CDC for determining what measures need to be taken against spread of the coronavirus.

Yup. It may be different in Europe, but the British habit of turning up at the office and (a) sitting at your desk looking like a martyr (b) achieving nothing and ( c) sneezing over everyone drives me round the bend. Hopefully people will stop doing this.

3 Likes

People have lost respect for viruses, just as they’ve lost respect for bacterial infections.

We’ve had it too easy. Attitudes are going to have to return to the days when cutting your finger or being on the receiving end of an unblocked sneeze could lead to death. Even a dose of the clap could be a death sentence. They are all returning.

Let’s say that hypothetically the US was involved. Taiwan would be wise to think long and hard before it throws a military ally under the bus to save face. If there was a mission involving the US, I highly doubt that the US authorized disclosure so that imbeciles in the Taiwanese government can respond to criticism over the virus situation.

In fact, simply telling the public that this “Goodwill Fleet” was essentially cover for a military operation looks pretty bone-headed regardless of whether another country was involved or not.

Loose lips sink ships.

4 Likes

Numbers are not going to change if you sweat or not.

Taiwan Navy to have a press conference at 20:30. Supposedly a disciplinary one too.

Runny nose: air con
Sore throat: talk too much
Mild diarrhea: food too spicy
Coughing: air pollution

4 Likes

Bye-bye allies.

2 Likes

CCP had a sleeper on the ship who deliberately infected himself.

Yes, contractors, people who are contracted.

Haven’t heard anything of this sort, and neither has students/wife/coworkers etc.

Ignore it then. TVBS nonsense.

1 Like