Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

Some people would rather just check for Taiwan related issues. The other thread meanders all over with everything for what’s happening in the UK, to USA, to all sorts of topics, with so many posts, people like myself aren’t reading them all.

But I would check a dedicated Taiwan thread, in part because I expect there to be far fewer posts and because I would expect it to be much more focused on the situation as it relates to me, in Taiwan.

8 Likes

I can’t wait till we look back on this in 10 years. Remember that cluster of CCP Virus topics?

3 Likes

I find myself disagreeing with you a bit here.
Returnees imply that the persons are citizens. They have a right to come home.

Visa runners on the other hand…

2 Likes

Even a list of Taiwan cases by city/county/date would be fine. Does that exist? Surely it must, in the interests of open and accessible information.

1 Like

By returnees, I mean people who decided a pandemic was a good time to take advantage of a cheap package holiday to Barcelona or Istanbul and are now returning home.

They’re the fuckwits I mean. Not Taiwanese who live in America or were studying there and are coming back

9 Likes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Taiwan

There are still counties that have not recorded any cases.

Even the virus doesn’t wanna go to Chiayi!

5 Likes

What time is CDC update today?

@tango42 posted this image in the big thread yesterday, but I’m not sure where it came from - looks like CDC data, anyway. Those who read Chinese can probably track it down quickly.

That is an incredibly detailed infographic. Attended the same floral arrangement class…wow.

3 Likes

+26 for us today, all from abroad or infected by people who brought the chinese flying aids from abroad.

7 Likes

Damn that sucks. I bet it’s really hard not to catch it from an immediate family member, though.

Thanks for keeping us updated, but where are these infographics coming from? I can’t find them on the CDC website, although I’m guessing they’re buried there somewhere. The posted info is just an image, so I can’t throw it in Google Translate. (Can I? If so, I don’t know how.)

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the statistics for the number of people flying into Taiwan every day? It would be interesting to try and align this with the number of cases.

So no community ones today? That is good.

1 Like

:nerd_face:中央流行疫情指揮中心今(23)日公布國內新增26例COVID-19(武漢肺炎)病例,其中25例境外移入、1例本土。境外移入個案為13女12男,年齡未滿5歲至70多歲,入境日介於3月15日至21日,發病日介於2月22日至3月21日。個案發病前分別有美國、西班牙、荷蘭、法國、瑞士、英國等國活動史。

:nerd_face:指揮中心表示,新增本土病例為30多歲女性(案186),為某研究機構群聚個案(案168)同住接觸者,3月17日發病,因案124於3月20日確診,且案168曾有症狀,故案186於3月20日自行就醫並採檢通報,於今日確診,為該研究機構群聚第5名確診個案。

:nerd_face:境外移入個案中,出國目的多為旅遊或工作,並包括5起群聚,說明如下:
1.一對夫妻(案170、189)於3月12日至20日赴西班牙旅遊,兩人分別於3月20日、21日發病,經通報檢驗均於今日確診。

2.案171、174為職場同事,分別於1月12日及2月25日至荷蘭工作,其中案171的兩名家人(案175、178)亦陪同前往,4人分別在3月7日及10日發病,並於3月20日入境時,由機場攔檢通報,4人均於今日確診。

3.一對夫妻(案172、173)因工作及就學,於去(2019)年12月21日至法國,分別於3月16日及18日發病,2人在3月20日入境時由機場攔檢通報,均於今日確診。

4.案177為案129同事,兩人於3月11日至18日前往美國工作,其中案129已於3月20日確診,案177於3月19日發病,經就醫採檢於今日確診。

5.案195於3月5日至19日與另2名友人前往美國旅遊,其中該2名友人已於3月21日確診(案137、145),案195於3月20日發病,經檢驗亦於今日確診。

:nerd_face:其他境外移入病例詳情請參閱新聞稿附件。

That’s directly from the Ministry of Health and welfare FB page: https://www.facebook.com/mohw.gov.tw/
They updated it while the CDC is currently live.

3 Likes

Any idea how many are yet to return? Like last week, it was said 2500 are waiting to fly home.

Thanks!

Oh FFS, they’re posted the most useful capsule summaries on Facebook, as non-text images?! OK, this time I’m being sarcastic: Taiwan up!

Here’s the non-Facebook Ministry of Health and Welfare page as well:
https://www.mohw.gov.tw/mp-1.html

EDIT:

If I’ve got this right from Google translate, one case (#186) was local, but living with someone else who already had it.

I’m a little concerned by how it seems like all the new cases, or perhaps almost all of them, seem to have been diagnosed because they were ill. I know it’s still very unclear how many people remain mostly asymptomatic spreaders, but isn’t it still thought that’s a big part of the problem?

3 Likes

Imagine how few cases we’d have if people didnt go on holiday …

Human stupidity is depressing

6 Likes

Yeah that’s good. These are pretty much what we’re expecting. We’re at 200, could go to 500 yet. Not sure how many more people are still to return.

12 were picked up in the airport.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how many Taiwanese are still stranded abroad?