Coronavirus - Taiwan (October-December 2020)

Just remarking that your comment in that discussion just sounds remarkingly similar to what a certain group of people in Eruope are also thinking.

Sheer coincidence. :grinning:

But it is actually how I feel. I guess this is one of the challenges of being 200 days virus free. Perceptions change.

My feeling is I’d rather not see us in that situation. Right now Taiwan is one of the few places in the world where life is pretty much normal. Wearing a mask seems to me to be a small price to pay for that.

Once you’ve got a real cluster and need to start contact tracing, the life we have now goes away. And all bets would be off.

1 Like

It’s interesting comparing with NZ where masks weren’t used much except in the last lockdown. Now they’re back to zero cases the masks are pretty much gone. I guess a less populous and population dense country has built in social distancing.

2 Likes

Five more imported cases reported today, including two more international students (another from Indonesia, and one from Russia):

Guy

2 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Open Thread October

It’s hilarious that you’re implying that any contact tracing apps might actually work for foreigners. :laughing:

I’m not laughing.

Nor am I, but I still very much doubt they’ll work with non-Taiwanese ID numbers, at least in the first couple of iterations.

2 Likes

I came here to check some news. But people who are known to have had contacts with confirmed positive people (i.e in the same plane or family members) are then tested for Covid during their home isolation even if they don’t have syntomps themselves?

If you are identified by the authorities as a contact of a virus carrier you will be tested and quarantined I think.

So all of the people are basically tested during their quarantine right? What could be the cases of people that are tested after their quarantine ends?

You don’t eat off the table, you eat off your plate or out off your bowl. Local logic.

No.

Btw, I responded to the same query you posted in the Coronavirus travel restrictions thread. Please don’t ask the same question across multiple threads. Thank you.

Guy

2 Likes

Three more imported cases reported today, all from the Philippines:

Guy

I mean if they only test people coming from the Philippines, it’s no wonder that all new cases are from there :man_shrugging:

All new cases are not from there.

1 Like

Sorry you are very right!

1 Like

One more imported case reported today—another international student from Indonesia:

EDIT: Also reported today are new suspected exported cases to Japan, where three Taiwan citizens (including two infants) tested positive on arrival using rapid antigen tests. More details here:

Guy

2 Likes

All tested negative in Taiwan tested positive in Japan. All parents tested negative. Why even bother?