Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

But I wuv my scooter :motor_scooter::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::thailand:

6 Likes

Just sticking to the COVID response . . . remember how Taipei City used “home registration” (you know, the thing we non citizens don’t have) as a way to determine early vaccine eligibility?

You remember the later shite Taipei City vaccine registration platform?

Based on the city’s handling of the crisis, I don’t see any indication that he’s an administrator I’d trust more than the current national government. Sorry!

Guy

2 Likes

Very different situation in 2020. We didn’t need to wear masks outside.

The variants get milder but the restrictions……

@tempogain this should be moved too I guess.

2 Likes

You didn’t kick him to see he’s still alive?

Stupid joke and not at all funny.

1 Like

This Open thread is available for discussion of Taiwan-related Covid matters, including recent developments. We might move posts to more specialized threads, but it’s up to anyone if they want to post about developments here or in the Specific Developments thread.

3 Likes

wtf I wana see that too

1 Like

It’ll be all electric soon enough, both scooters and cars.

Everyone knows you’re supposed to use a stick.

I’ve already visited six places today compared to my usual average of 0-1. I think I might have covid.

3 Likes

This is interesting. A little stop at the Yorker for a “rest”.

3-26 Motel Trip - Must have been for a rest

Nice place. Gotta check it out!

2 Likes

Definitely a worrying symptom. :open_mouth:

Yeah, I thought that was odd too. A quick “rest” in the motel followed by a wild all-nighter in the goose meat store?

1 Like

He didnt move closer to China. He was just trying to move more to the middle.

I think Ko has been a decent mayor and the city has markedly improved. At one point he had a possibility with his party, but not now.

104 today local. I’m on the metro and there are tons of people with suitcases getting ready to travel. About 3-4 times the normal number of people at this time.

When do we start seeing Taiwan cluster again instead of specific district?

It’s already the entire north Taiwan.

I really wouldn’t bang on about suitcases. People have to get on with their lives.

2 Likes

Sure, except it’s still unknown how they will handle people with exposure. Will we be forced to quarantine if considered a close contact. Or will they go the route of US and not even need to quarentine if asymptomatic, positive, but vaccinated.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d keep your head down for the next few weeks. Until the numbers really blow up there’ll be a lot of people getting dragged in. But 100 will soon be 1000 and then 10,000 and then even incoming quarantine will be cancelled.

3 Likes

I don’t see how this makes the CDC look good politically? One thing would be them announcing this as a plan/inevitability, but taking all these efforts to control it the last few months and still failing to do so seems likely to be interpreted as incompetence, no?