Coronavirus - Taiwan Open August 2021

For those of us illiterates, summarize please.

Yeah, it’s total bullshit and I doubt it’ll last. It’s the same with Seven. You walk in with a mask, you buy a bowl of salmonella and you sit down and take your mask off. And as long as that bowl is in front of you the mask stays off.

1 Like

as mentioned before, English story

the way covid spreads in places with poor ventilation…well im going to be optimistic.

Everyone has to wear masks on the MRT. I think things will be fine. This is not so unusual. We had hundreds of infected people riding MRTs in June, I’m sure.

4 Likes

Yo-yo lockdown is my prediction

1 Like

No, only the people in the back of the restaurant will be able to do that now.

I went for a run this morning and was hating the mask very much.
Redpoint is open with checking temp at the door, distancing, and dividers. They are more of a restaurant than a bar. They were at the allowed capacity and having to turn people away.

2 Likes

At least this place hasn’t fallen for the lies of Big Plastic:

18 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

brilliant.

That is the effect of nearly 50 years of martial law.

1 Like

Bleach is so last week. UV lamps are the thing. Haven’t you seen all the ads on the internet, newspaper, tv?

1 Like

I like the open air concept with good ventilation. My kind of place! :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Next week or two will show the impact of reduction in restrictions on covid numbers. (Hopefully it is not too bad and contact tracing can do it’s job)

I think they’d have to cook you for UV to have a chance to work. UV filters in water systems are incredibly slow.

But they need to throw it out after every seat change. That’s out doors?

It’s outdoors, yes.

I suspect they’re not throwing it out after every seat change - why would they “need” to?

Law! Because you can’t wipe it with disinfectant.

Oh no! Seriously?

EDIT: we’re talking about cardboard. Phew!

I mean, if the rules are to disinfect between customers, you could lightly spray the cardboard with 70% alcohol without damaging it too much. Pointless of course, but then so is the whole thing.

Plus, I remember reading that the virus remains viable for less time on porous materials like cardboard than on plastic. So it’s an astonishing example of Taiwanese innovation and technology.

4 Likes

Ecofriendly too, as it’s easily biodegradable.

Guy

2 Likes