Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

You will be suprised how many young people here call travelling abroad as their “dream” as in if they cant go abroad 5 times a year then their life is boring. So, it doesnt suprise me if people want vaccines to go abroad

2 Likes

Not sure if sarcasm?

Science is little more a philosophical toolkit for proving that a hypothesis is false. It has had a few clagnuts bolted onto it over the years - the processes of technological discovery borrow from science, even though they’re not science - but that’s science in a nutshell.

It is not something that you can use to inform policy unless you already know what your policy goals are. If you don’t have any goals then science is unlikely to help you construct some; and even if you do have some goals, it’s of only very limited value.

To be fair there are also people who want to travel to see old or sick family and friends that they haven’t seen now for well over a year. As well as other legitimate reasons.

3 Likes

I’m somewhat of a tinder, travel, philanthropist myself. Nothing gives my life meaning like traveling around the world, hooking up with randoms on tinder, and pretending I’m a good person over intstagram.

I’ll take as many vaccines as Pfizer can put out. As long as I can go to Cancun, crush beers and slay ***** with my boys!

Give me 3 doses of Pfizer and a 26 of grey goose. Let’s ****** party, boys!

2021 and the party is back on!
#teampfizer

I think they had announced that foreign owned business would be eligible. But whether they actually get it or not is another story.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Renew ARC and change address

It’s so short-sighted if they aren’t.

TGI goes under then people lose jobs, landlords lose rent, suppliers lose business…

More importantly, I like their cocktails

1 Like

Friggin’ ridiculous amounts. The government gives you 40K, one time. Most businesses can’t even pay rent from that.

They also let you get a loan of 500K at 1%. That’s it! 500K NT$ last year and 500K this time. After a year interest goes up to 1.6%.

6 Likes

That’s madness. Every developed country is dishing out proper loans.

Not Taiwan! Keep everything closed and have businesses shut down or get bankrupted.

1 Like

That’s because Taiwan is awesome and doesn’t even have that bad of a covid situation. The government doesn’t need to spend money.

As I mentioned earlier Hualien and areas that depend on tourists are much worse than the big cities on the West coast .
I did notice some emoving electric scooters outlets closed, not sure if they bankrupted.

1 Like

Most of the ones in Jiaoxi are gone. Jiaoxi has been hit hard.

3 Likes

There will be lot of pissed-off former small business owners in future elections.

Without visibility on policy, though, nobody’s going to take those loans. They’ll make a calculated decision to just close down. Particularly with Ko spouting off about not letting up until 80% vaccine coverage (which would basically mean 95%+ of the adult population plus children down to ~12 years old).

1 Like

Hmmmm. I’ve been looking at these squiggly lines on graphs, and I think the lockdown in Taipei should last another 5-10 years.

2 Likes

Yes he has Asperger’s I think

Maybe everyone in Taiwan has aspergers.

Doesnt explain why the need for unquestioned obedience to authority though.

I noticed the “80%” number earlier this week in Line threads. Dismissed it as rumors.

If you think back through the past year, a lot of policy does appear to have been wagged by social media or, as kids like to call it, “science”.

3 Likes

Please, I hope this is true. I’m begging them to close.