Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

Yes. If these are ‘background’ deaths then you would expect a flat line (haha). Or at least a line with some noise on it.

However as tando mentioned the data are not being collected either objectively or with any reliability. So the shape of the curve may (for example) reflect inconsistent followups or incorrect date-of-death being recorded.

The fact that doctors are being given leeway to not collect data if they think it’s irrelevant is … well, highly inappropriate. The information that is collected is almost certainly useless if there are any more “features” like this in the methodology.

1 Like

Has the attempt to remove embarrassing data started, or is it well under way?

Politicians don’t like to have their stupidity revealed.

My guess is that they’re deliberately sabotaging the data collection so that if anybody claims “well, it looks like the vaccines are actually killing people” they can say that it’s just the outcome of bias caused by the imposition of doctors’ opinions on the raw data. And you can’t really argue with that.

The other possibility is that the people running the trials don’t have any science qualifications.

Learning from the CCP.

I’m shocked at Taiwan’s response to COVID. Shocked doesn’t even begin to cover it. I’ve always been aware of the strong undercurrent of corruption and incompetence that underlies Taiwan’s apparent success, but I didn’t realise it was this bad.

Under any other circumstances, failure to collect proper data for what amounts to a large clinical trial would be considered so unethical that people would be fired, and would probably never work again in a science career. But these shenanigans seems to have become par for the course this year, and not just in Taiwan.

1 Like

Yeah, my student told me his 96 year old grandmother got the vaccine and was fine.

1 Like

11 + 1 = 12 and no deaths.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed a recent trend of people walking with fans. Not uncommon in summer but, then, I realized that it was to hide their maskless faces from passers and, presumably cameras.

No. He said that we have about 500 people in the hospitals because they have tested positive for covid.

I know that “muh freedom” is supposed to be an insult for folks who don’t do as they are told but freedom is sort of an important thing.

I never thought that I would hear you stump for China, who literally takes officials out and shoots them in the head, so hard.

In some situations, sure. Do we trust people enough to put them on when near others but let them go out by themselves maskless? I know that policy makers don’t but should we? I really want to hear data simply presented and say for people to wear masks in situations where they are near others but to use their best judgement when hiking in the rain, for instance.

No. It’s generally not being done.

The US has a Bill of Rights that they sort of think is important and put the Freedom of Speech part before all others.

I would guess that their immune systems probably didn’t do anything when they received it.

Restaurants being open leads to people going to beaches which leads to people wanting to show their freaking faces in public which could lead to tyranny.

1 Like

6 cases were already in quarantine, so that’s 5 wild cases.

2 Likes

So does Canada but we have a different interpretation of what freedom of speech means.

Where could you have possibly gotten the idea that I am stumping for China?

You read my post, right?

They can ignore the bill of rights whenever the political climate suits them. It’s been done throughout American history.

Who are ‘they’? Nobody’s arguing that people have been perfect or simply because a rule is in place, people follow it but the constitutionality of laws is literally the cornerstone of the civilization.

It’s all based on interpretations. The US supreme court has historically had politically motivated rulings. The bill of rights can mean whatever they want it to mean.

If you want to talk about specifics and, somehow, link it to coronavirus in Taiwan, I’d be delighted to continue this discussion.

1 Like

Why would that be? Doesn’t make sense.

273 posts were split to a new topic: Coronavirus - Taiwan Open August 2021

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Quarantine Exemptions for the Vaccinated

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus - China

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: The COVID humbug thread