Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

I would, Taiwanese are extremely risk-adverse about absolutely everything and Taiwanese civil-servants are scared most of getting blamed for anything.

3 Likes

Yeah, maybe you’re right. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oooh…how exciting…China has another virus all spooled up and ready to be unleashed on the world!

Monkey B…coming soon to a city near you!

Oh crap…Taiwan monkeys carry the virus as well. Lovely.

3 Likes

Here in the neighborhood they were doing one of these funeral things on the street.

I was heading into 7-11 this morning.

Pair of guys outside smoking. One was wearing his mask under his chin and the other, presumably, had his in his pocket or something. A third guy, dropping off a delivery, came by and wore no mask at all though he did apologize to the cashier and say he was leaving quickly.

He stopped for a smoke and a chat with the two gents outside before he got back in his truck as a customer sheepishly held his phone up for the clerk to see as he entered.

It was comforting to know that none of them could go to the beach though.

11 Likes

It’s (funny) how they get a pass here. Especially smokers.

Those guys that try to run you over when driving…Yeah…It’s the same people.

4 Likes

This is strange. My wife guessed it was a gay guy. Since all the contacts were guys. Has she got five from 2 and 2?

It’s a gay guy, that’s what I heard. He was hiding that as well as his covid adventures (while he had symptoms by the way). Why the media have to repeat his ridiculous tutor claims.

Yes. He is some kind of tutor but I don’t think they were his students.

When I heard tutor, I was like what the heck?

Not sure why his job matters.

Bullshit cover story…Fake prudeness…Same as the tea shops.

This whole pandemic is driven by dodgy fuckers…Literally !

5 Likes

I saw an elderly lady with a face shield, dodging traffic while crossing the street on a red light the day before yesterday. Priorities.

4 Likes

You can make a suggestion to the BMJ to add it to their list of virus vectors.

1 Like

Weird choice of language in the article - doesn’t social distancing need to be mutual/within a society?

This is just “staying away from monkeys”.

3 Likes

I was up at Qingtiangang 22nd May and I noticed a sign telling people to social distance from the buffaloes.

Edit sorry OT, meant to reply to @Andrew

2 Likes

Even if gov relaxes restrictions, won’t the mayors Ho and Ko (Ke?) just do a safety one-up like it seems they did with indoor eating and basically say no again?

1 Like

People all over Ximending without masks or smoking or eating or chin masks. Everywhere around here. Also the local 711 allows people in without scanning or writing their name because “they know them.” Just a quick wave.

1 Like

You gotta get to a new neighbourhood man.

What’s fun during Pride is less fun during Pandemic.

Guy

1 Like

My work is ending wfh

I was optimistically hoping theyd keep it going. There not a single thing I cant do at home.

But zero chance of a Taiwan firm doing wfh full time.

4 Likes

Yeah, but buffalo social distancing is probably important there, because Qingtiangang buffalo Qingtiangang buffalo buffalo buffalo Qingtiangang buffalo.

2 Likes

Sounds dangerous up there with all that bullying going on. Who polices it, @Andrew ?