Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

Interesting article. In it, the author references attempts to allay fears over vaccine side effects:

Government officials announced in vain that over 200 individuals over 70 die in Taiwan every day, vaccinated or not.”

If only they had mentioned this figure in regard to “Covid deaths.”

Might have avoided some of the panic and hysteria :runaway: :wink:

1 Like

They did. It was lost in the noise.

2 Likes

Source? I don’t recall either the President or CECC, Chen, seeking to allay anyone’s fears over Covid by mentioning or referencing these stats. Only using them to encourage vaccinations.

1 Like

They finally corrected that article :):

3 Likes

So…. ET Today News just announced level 2 is confirmed

記者陳家祥/台北報導

行政院發言人羅秉成23日表示,今早行政院長蘇貞昌召開政院擴大防疫會議。首先由指揮官報告近來疫情發展,並由各部會報告各項防疫指引規劃以及昨日與各縣市防疫會議後的相關修正意見。會後蘇貞昌院長也根據指揮中心的防疫規劃,裁示將疫情三級警戒調降至二級,讓符合防疫指引的各行業、場所能夠恢復活動。

指揮中心指出,22日下午針對調降疫情警戒標準至第二級之相關防疫措施規劃草案與各地方政府進行討論,而各地方政府對於指揮中心所提出包括集會活動人數上限(室內50人、室外100人),以及餐飲內容原則依照衛福部規定處理等通案性原則,也積極提出相關意見,在經過溝通協調後,各部會也針對相關的業務狀況進行調整。

6 Likes

Taiwan’s volume of testing is still super low.
You have individual airports overseas doing 60k tests a day which is far more than all of Taiwan.

4 Likes

Do we still have to wear masks outside?

When does level 2 start?

I have a feeling the new restrictions are going to need their own thread or something. It’s not going to be the same as level 2 before and it may vary by city. As information comes out, we’ll need to keep track of it all somehow.

6 Likes

Yes. Masks mandatory everywhere.

3 Likes

I guess they must make a lot of money fining someone for taking a breather.

4 Likes

On The 27th

Back to level two but level two is not the same???

So it isn’t level 2.

8 Likes

Hardly a lowering of the restrictions if you have to keep the mask on everywhere.

6 Likes

If you read the details this Level 2 is only a theater. They’ve changed the easing points from the table announced earlier in May. At that time level 2 only required mask wearing in public venues, transport etc. Now it is masks everywhere even if you are alone… new level 2. Make your own conclusions.

5 Likes

Say that to the countless small businesses that have been gutted by level 3. Seriously, wearing a mask is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I know many people - including myself and I am not even a hardcore athlete or anything - that can even run outside with one on and we are all still surviving quite well. So dramatic.

6 Likes

They will only lower the restrictions to bring economy up and open schools and businesses. They dont care about lowering masks because it doesnt impact economy according to them

5 Likes

This was probably a “level 2” they negotiated with the Mayors. I can understand keeping the mask mandate for now. As long as my daughter can go back to her preschool and we can eat in restaurants again I’ll be mostly okay with this level 2.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s annoying, but I don’t get the big deal about it. Being able to go to restaurants, cafes, and kids going to schools again would be HUGE.

5 Likes

The renamed level 3 and are calling it level 2.

9 Likes