Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

Brian Hioe:

Basketball courts are open, but mask wearing and QR code registration is needed. Tennis courts are open. Swimming pools are not open, because mask wearing is not possible. Diving and water skiing is allowed, however.

Crane claw machines are opened, but staff must watch the crane claw machines and regularly disinfect.

:rofl:

6 Likes

The backbone of the Taiwanese economy! :rofl:

6 Likes

This is really funny. I was just on the riverside the other day and saw people wrapping up the tennis court nets with zipties still. They were also collecting all the restrooms.

Soooo are they going to be putting those back or?

1 Like

Probably the first time those machines have been disinfected in twenty years.

2 Likes

Finally. I am so sick of ordering in.

The only time that I have seen a staff member in any of the Claw Machine joints that I pass on my walks is when they are there to empty the cash boxes and put the trash out.

2 Likes

Me too! :slight_smile:

If they were collecting the restrooms in the past day or two, that would have been because of typhoon fears, and they’ll be back once the typhoon has gone away to Shanghai or the Olympics or wherever it’s off to.

2 Likes

Did Chen say you can have weddings but no alcohol?

I believe that he said no booze for restaurants and bars as well.

1 Like

That reminds me of the Australia Professor who stated: “…bars disproportionately are [Covid high risk], because it’s crowded, people are shouting, there’s music, there’s alcohol…”

Science, baby!

I heard this, too. That can’t be right.

Wait. If it’s unreasonable and not based on science, then I guess it’s possible.

5 Likes

If Brian Hioe is correct, and I’m reading it correctly, alcohol is allowed, BUT you can’t move between tables with alcohol. Which, to be honest, would have improved my enjoyment of my own wedding here.

8 Likes

Everything is under control!

“Taipei, July 22 (CNA) CityLink Songshan Station shopping mall closed its doors temporarily on Thursday after an employee at the MUJI store there tested positive for COVID-19 the previous day.”

“The other patient, who works in Tainan, took a train on the High Speed Rail (HSR) to Taipei Main Station on July 16, then transferred to the MRT and got off at Shilin Station, the department said.”

Alcohol was the only thing making them halfway bearable.

7 Likes

#science

5 Likes

Remember all, key point is what the local governments decide to do. What’s announced today may not mean much for what we can and cannot do next week.

7 Likes

And as soon as we get 100 cases within three days, close it all down again.

2 Likes

@MalcolmReynolds I rejoiced too early

1 Like

Any news about returning hotel/home quarantine since we are at level 2 now?