Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

I think they’re not only referring to cases doing quarantine after entering Taiwan. There are lots of people ordered to quarantine as a result of being a close contact of a confirmed case, so I think that’s what these are.

3 Likes

Yes that is what I was referring to.

Guy

Ah makes sense, thanks @afterspivak @qinqinbaobaojugaogao

I doubt the so called “migrant workers” had any choice in which hotel they would be staying in.

4 Likes

Before May this year, I honestly thought that they were doing exactly this to every arrival into Taiwan all last year (April 2020 and after).

4 Likes

Originally it was only a requirement if you were staying at a government operated quarantine facility. If you did home quarantine or at a quarantine hotel then no test was required.

Walking around.

Kind of stupid.

2 Likes

So why should they not be allowed to work longer than 12 years provided somebody wants to employ them, provided they have observed all laws and so on, @Rov3r? Forcing them out after 12 years regardless of all this just screams of discrimination

Absolutely madness that they weren’t doing antigen , antibody tests for home quarantine folks.
Pilots I think they were supposed to but of course the infection has much longer dormancy than 3 or 5 days.

I still think it doctors clinics had rapid tests we would have detected wanhua outbreak and hotel outbreak early on. By the time they detected the tea shop outbreak it was spreading for weeks already I guess.

Did anyone hear anything specific from Minister Chen about loosening any restrictions at all after July 12?

Any mention of a ‘magic number,’ or any other specific metric required in order to open something (anything) up?

I was out of the loop today.

No. And it’s moot even if you did. Tomorrow may be completely different

3 Likes

I see. Thanks.

The migrant worker was working as a caretaker, meaning she did not run for the door and leave an invalid person to save her life but probably perished along.

1 Like

Over 8000 folk tested in the affected area, no new Delta, good news indeed.

5 Likes

Any ideas why the death rate is so high in Taiwan? originally was thinking that lots of cases were not found due to limited testing but seems like that has at least partially been fixed. Old age sure but still seems like the percentages are crazy high compared to elsewhere.

So many old people in places like Wanhua and Panchiao and Xindian.

Let’s analyse the age profile vs deaths (of the confirmed cases) to get an idea if it’s still higher than other countries.

It’s a Chinese version sent to me by a friend on Line, so unsure of accuracy, but apparently NTU professor Chen Xiuxi is saying today that if the vaccination rates can be raised to 150,000 doses per day, TW can be reduced to 2.5 levels. His Level 2.5 warning means that restaurants and stores are able to resume business on a limited scale, open for 30 to 50 people indoors at a time.

Anyone knows whether this Professor is on any advisory body to the CECC? Or know where Minister Chen gets his guidance from? Or is it all CECC in-house decision-making?

My guess is that they will not extend it due to too high cost to the small businesses.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. One of my TW admin mentioned that same thing to me today. Says that the govt. simply can’t afford to pay people to stay inside and not conduct their business.

Also see that Longshan Temple underground mall is reopening.

Quick-cut salon draws droves at reopening of Longshan Temple underground mall - YouTube

3 Likes