Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Wasn’t it yesterday someone posted here that his coworker already got vaccinated and was bragging about it to him? No priority group. Based on guanxi only

1 Like

The full details:

Case 12294 is a 40-year-old woman of nationality who completed 2 doses of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccination in the United States on April 9th ​​and 30th, and returned to Taiwan from the United States on June 3rd, holding a test within 3 days before the flight Negative report, return home for home quarantine after entering the country. Cough, runny nose and other symptoms occurred on June 7 but did not seek medical attention; on June 9, the family member of the case had fever symptoms and was diagnosed after medical examination, so arrangements were made on the same day The case was examined and diagnosed today; related contacts are listed.

Not clear on the family member? Did the family member travel with her? If not, why wasn’t she quarantining by herself?

1 Like
3 Likes

Chiayi man without breathing and heart beat after AZ vaccine

快訊/嘉義男疑曾打AZ疫苗「無呼吸心跳」! 送醫搶救亡

Edit: I had posted the wrong link

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The peak woke thread

You can actually ride the whole length of the MRT blue line without a temp. check, but they put one at the City Hall station. :thinking:

Now they slow the frequency of the trains do they are more crowded. Not that crowded mind you but the seat arrangements don’t promote social distancing. Obviously they do so for economic reasons, but small businesses expected to shut down for the common good so…

2 Likes

That was pretty much true for most healthy people under 70

Are they selling vaccine insurance too?

Wow

4 Likes

Wow indeed.

Video shows migrant workers in Taiwan’s Miaoli herded into packs

2 Likes

As usual, Miaoli takes the high road.

Guy

Do you think it would be different if the migrant works cluster was up north?

1 Like

Miaoli is in the north.

You sound like a Taipei-ren who thinks that Taoyuan is in the south! :rofl:

Guy

4 Likes

You know what I meant. The big twin north metropolitan area.

1 Like

7 to 9 people to a room in dorms.

Then they should have gotten vaccinated long ago when they first had the chance. Screw those idiots, and screw the hospitals for not requiring vaccination to keep one’s job.

Everyone agrees they should have gotten it when they had the chance.

If we have an increasing number of front line workers that will continue to get sick/seriously ill/die then it will cause greater damage to the population at large.

1 Like

A revolt may happen with thousands of migrant workers pushing through barricades and giving the F you to the government.

1 Like

KMan has listened to me and is on the case.
I can say my respect for Taiwan’s society and government has dropped quite a few notches recently. And it has already been flagging badly over the last couple of years.

Although I am familiar with how rotten and dangerous the politicians in Miaoli can be , that this practice is being condoned by the Central govt and most of society… :angry:.

3 Likes