Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Yeah and now we need to protect Taipei from people in south. :exploding_head:

Stop the goddam paranoia we are level 3, not level 4.

1 Like

Well, then add this to Greater Taipei. And as we have discussed on this forum before, the pilots tend to live in Taipei proper anyway and not in front of the Novotel

Housekeeping manager at the Novotel gets infected and tests positive—but not before having a meal (or meals?) with her grown children, who head off to work in the Shinkong Tower in Taipei or travel around in Xinbei before they too test positive . . . And then positive cases pop up in Yilan . . . One thing leads to another and here we are.

Guy

That is if you can find it. Been looking for days. In 3 supermarkets today and no sign of any. None in Costco last week either. Nor any cauliflower, though that may be out of season. Actually most fresh veggies seem low everywhere. RT Mart was very busy for a Friday mid-afternoon. I think people have been stocking up for the 3-day weekend.

2 Likes

Oh well, talk about priorities

3 Likes

Heads up folks! Enforcement of the even number / odd number shopping days starts tomorrow in Taipei City.

And according to the article linked below: “Keelung City, Yilan County, Hsinchu County, Hsinchu City, Taichung City, Pingtung County, Taoyuan City, and Kaohsiung City have all announced similar ID requirements and restrictions.”

Does this mean Xinbei is just sitting this out?

Guy

3 Likes

Kaohsiung KTV strikes again…the 2nd runner from quarantine was a guy who went out go to KTV in Kaohsiung.

1 Like

It’s like these guys can’t help themselves.

Give me KTV, or give me death!

Guy

4 Likes

Best option is the boxes of veggies. There are several co-ops you can order from.

We have crowd restrictions and mandatory registration. I had a chart somewhere with specifics for several other New Taipei markets … somewhere…

Edit
It is just for Xindian, and basically it has what I have seen in our market: one entrance/exit, mandatory registration and ID number turns for shopping.

1 Like

It’s odd that Taipei City and Xinbei can’t cooperate on things like this.

I wonder what’s up.

Guy

Wife told me she heard a 40ish year old woman died today just hours after feeling symptoms. She called an ambulance but died on the way to the hospital.

Not sure if true or exaggerated. But would like to know more about deaths. It really seems like a lot and fast.

1 Like

It’s not paranoia, we have a lot of restrictions anyway, could got the numbers down faster by tenporarily restricting movement out of Taipei area and also locally in Taipei districts where it was rampant. Fact .

The local talk shows agree with you. If you control the spread in Greater Taipei, you control the spread of COVID all over Taipei.

These single entrance/exit policies drive me insane. On the one hand trying to limit people entering, fair and good, on the other hand pack everyone in one small passageway. Like the stupid pointless temperature checks we have to gather around. Put on a show AND increase risk, what’s not to like?

Inquiry: what if two people who would shop together have mismatched ID numbers? No shopping with the spouse, no taking a plus one to Costco?

3 Likes

I wish the Taiwan social distancing app would stop notifying me 2-3 times a day about no detected contacts. It is so annoying because I already get hundreds of notifications a day (I get so many spam text messages in Taiwan without a way to unsubscribe). I couldn’t find a setting to disable “no contact” notifications, so I had to disable notifications for the app altogether.

You know what I haven’t heard about is how the pollution levels have changed since L3. I wonder how much of a difference that has made. I heard this a lot when western countries started locking down.

Because TW is a free country?

What you are asking for isn’t realistic.

Apparently, that can only happen to SEA migrant workers.

Can you imagine what would happen if they started locking up real people?

this message is not approved for the irony impaired

3 Likes

Except I’m not talking about locking up people.
I’m talking about geographically restricting them which is what they did in Australia on and off . Could go for eradication .

6 Likes

Unfortunately, minister Chen still believes he is dealing with adults and does not/should not have to resort to that.

1 Like