Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

From the description, it seems more than likely he had a heart attack or something similar.

Yep. Maybe a LINE msg would do it.

Heart attacks can be caused by the respiratory stress brought on by the low oxygen levels.

2 Likes

Or they can just happen due to mild exertion, eg., walking along the road.

Either way, I suspect he’ll be recorded as a COVID death.

Yeah, I couldn’t see anywhere that he “died from COVID.” The article clearly states: “The cause of the man’s death is not yet known.”

Well it happened in Wanhua. He had chronic conditions and was covid positive. An autopsy may provide some answers.

A lot of Irish have a British passport too. He may be here on his Irish passport, but in-fact be British or another nationality.

That could be a reason that no one knows him.

They might be thinking that sounds like…but he isn’t Irish.

1 Like

Hate to say it, but that’s teahouse central…

1 Like

60! I’ll take that!

2 Likes

(Edit - Sorry Dr Milker I am dammed if I know how this became a reply to one of your posts)

And the double post has been deleted now.

If he has an Irish passport he’s Irish. Even if he didn’t he might be Irish. In the end that’s all we have to go on right now.

Hey. Innocent bystander.

Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone you went there.

60+0. A new low! For now I’ll conclude that the long holiday weekend had minimal impact.

Now here’s hoping the flames of the Delta situation can be extinguished.

10 Likes

Thats great!

60 positives. 15000 tests. 0.4% overall TPR.

Classic story of new raw count lows on weekends. Although I think this weekend was comparatively not as good as the last couple. We should know in a couple of days.

7 Likes

I think you are right I was expecting 60 yesterday and below 50 today for the first time. Still a few too many in New Taipei and Taipei City. 0 cases at least in the south today.

Taiwan News reports on the higher PCR test price for foreigners.

MacKay responded to Taiwan News by saying that

the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has set a separate price range for foreigners and Taiwanese that hospitals must follow.

9 Likes

That seems surprising. I wonder whether that’s just an excuse or the CDC really decided that?

1 Like

I am not debating whether he is Irish or not. All I am saying is that to his friends, it might not be obvious he is Irish.

The papers will obviously just report what his passport is.

1 Like