Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

1 + 4 = 5 and no deaths.

10 Likes

new case
The diagnosed person ate Ichiran ramen late at night! The annex of the Taipei Main Store is closed for 4 days.

1 Like

Alpha or Delta? Alpha don’t even scare me no more. :sunglasses:

The one new case reported today was a worker at TPE. Yes she was apparently infected by the Delta variant. Her case is not believed to be connected to the Banqiao cluster or the earlier pilot cluster.

It seems she was involved in the Xinyi Ichiran Ramen visit linked above.

Guy

2 Likes

Damn. Ichiban Ramen cluster. Sapporo variant, I presume.

Not yet. We hope.

Guy

1 Like

this is the same person in the spike story I believe.

Brian Hioe at New Bloom reports on the day’s developments:

One tidbit I had not seen posted is that the suspension of in-person dining in New Taipei will apparently be lifted starting tomorrow.

Guy

3 Likes

That ain’t nice. Back in the day when I supervised a crew of cleaners, there were about 20 souls in the cramped confines of the aircraft. I imagine her whole crew is quarantined too.

1 Like

And outdoor facilities like basketball courts

And it seems Taipei City will allow BBQ in common areas.

I believe covid lingers in air, so I believe that she must have just simply been exposed.

Dammit, are we just going to have a Delta breach at least once a week now? This is seriously getting frustrating.

2 Likes

Yep, plus a lot of movement: vaccine cleaners, sprays, bags, stuff and bodies jostling for space.

By my count, this is Delta Breach #4 since Peru Grandma got the ball rolling back in August.

This is obviously a tricky virus to handle!

Guy

well we’ve had 3 delta breaches?
kindergarten
pilots
and now airport cleaner?

did they ever come to trace how the kindy got infected? do they still blame Egyptian dad for having CT value of 30+?

1 Like

Yes, but breach# 3 since just two weeks ago!

The article says she got her first (and only) AZ shot in early June. Why on Earth was she not double vaxxed yet?

1 Like

12 weeks, about 3 months. She was probably due these days…

It doesn’t seem to make a lot of difference. My friends are all double vaxxed but still catching it.

Again though, the point is they are aren’t hospitalized, so it’s doing its job.

4 Likes

Since the vast majority of people who catch COVID aren’t hospitalized anyway, it could also be that the vaccines are a bit crap …

Or he’s intelligent and knows it’s time to live with Covid.

2 Likes