Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

They keep playing wack a mole with Delta yet only so few cases… wonder what’s up.

Because they’re catching the breaches quick. But they’re still breaches.

4 Likes

That’s Delta 2. Delta 4 is Delta Forever After

I’m convinced the contact tracing system is second to none.

3 Likes

one woman went to the hospital for other reasons and was tested for covid and to her surprise she had covid? or am I reading this wrong?

You got it.

A lot of scattered cases are being found this way. Usually they are old infections, left over from the Alpha outbreak that started in May.

Guy

1 Like

how are they testing positive after 4months?

16214 is a female in her 80s. She sought medical treatment and was examined for other reasons on September 14, 2021, and was diagnosed today; the contacts are listed in the list

It’s not that complicated.

They were asymptomatic. Their Ct scores will no doubt come out high. They were not infectious for a while—hence a “hidden” case. But they are found to be COVID positive when they take this PCR test.

Guy

1 Like

In other words they’re not covid positive and probably never have been. A high Ct does not necessarily indicate an old infection, and certainly not one from four months ago. The most likely explanation is measurement error.

1 Like

And subsequent PCR tests will confirm this to be the case, or not.

Guy

Bingo.

Only one person fronting the Presser today, something must be on elsewhere.
2 + 6 = 8 and zero deaths.

5 Likes

Receiving the vaccines at the airport photo ops.

5 Likes

Burying bodies in hidden graves :female_detective:

4 Likes

Beating traffic to the south!

1 Like

One of the two new cases today reportedly raised some eyebrows at the CECC:

Guy

This article reads like she was spreading covid for 4 months. If I understand correctly, people are contagious for a short time. Tracking people for months doesn’t make sense.
My moderna fully vaccinated daughter got covid and was very sick. She tested negative 10 days later.

6 Likes

The point is that she was apparently not tracked at all, despite being (back in May) the girlfriend and family member of confirmed cases, and despite the fact she reportedly was symptomatic.

In short, there was some kind of system failure, and the CECC would like to find out what went wrong.

Guy

6 Likes

I have a feeling we’re going to get another round of mass texts after the long holiday…hope not.

So how did the CECC presser go today?

Guy