Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

More like gritting my teeth as we wait and see what happens with this cluster . . . :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

People who had been in contact with the pilots or visited the same locations between Aug. 13 and Sept. 2 would receive a warning text message

Why the range of dates? Didn’t the pilot in question first arrive in Taiwan on August 26?

1 Like

last arrive, not first arrive. His CT value is high so to be safe I guess they’re pulling it back to 26 minus 14.

1 Like

The article I saw just mentioned what I assume were his two most recent trips, coming back to Taiwan from the U.S. on Aug. 26 and coming back to Taiwan from Australia on Aug. 30 (or thereabouts - I’m just going from memory here). That’s what I meant by “first”. I read that as implying it was thought he was infected in the U.S. or on the Australia trip, but the article wasn’t overly clear.

But yeah, 14 days beforehand makes sense (mathematically I mean, not sure whether it makes sense for everyone nearby 13 days ago to be panicking).

1 Like

Pretty bizarre thing to do really. I doubt any other country would fire off text messages to one million people like that. Doctors’ offices will be swamped by every tom, dick and april with a scratchy throat come Monday morning.

2 Likes

Got nothing thankfully. Seems that even if you did you only need to head off for testing if you have symptoms too.

I have symptoms every day. Who doesn’t? Life is a symptom to a confirmed hypochondriac like me.

1 Like

I think that’s what people were complaining about with the NHS app in the UK as well, although of course that wasn’t on the basis of a single/several cases. One million does seem a little excessive…

Minister Chen also mentioned something about vaccines arriving tomorrow (i.e. Sunday 9/5) from Poland? Is this a donation?

Guy

Just looking at those news about Chicago. EVA has stopped all flights and it is testing 300 pilots.

All 3 pilots infected report ground crew in Chicago coming in the plane without masks.

If they are trying to pass the blame of the contagion to US - where no mask is as it seems par the course- well, then I do not understand how they were not a bit extra careful and not jump the rope of restrictions when they came back.

8 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Guy

Yes just put in vaccine thread 400,000

3 Likes

. . . 400,000 AZ vaccines from Poland as you helpfully noted. Thank you!

Guy

3-4 times quarantine is better than 3-4 times COVID like in the old country.

1 Like

Land of the free, now holding a country hostage!

So the pilot is home on the 30th Aug and running around everywhere the next two days ? Is that what happened ?

What the fick are they doing !

How many Fibg times do they repeat the same mistake.

He is not even doing quarantine but running around outside…?

They messed up our whole summer , 23 million people already, destroyed many people’s livelihood , was that not enough ?

10 Likes

He needs to be criminally prosecuted. It is now well established that breakthrough delta cases are very possible with people double vaxxed.

1 Like

If I understood the Liberty Times article I linked above, the pilot has been fired.

Then again, there are a bunch of pilots affected or involved here, so I may not have this right . . .

Guy

1 Like

That’s my understanding as well. If this is the start of a delta outbreak in Taiwan, the consequences…well, I’ll just reiterate that he should be criminally prosecuted.

That’s nice. When’s the criminal prosecution for the businesses ruined and lives lost if this causes a Delta outbreak? Minister Chen needs to go at this point and DPP needs to clean house.

4 Likes