Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

No. Husband and wife. 50 people isolated for testing.

2 Likes

They just had on the news some massage places providing additional “relaxing” services, including alcohol. That’s the problem.

Thank you Mr Bear!

Can they determine the route of infection—or are there unclear chains of transmission?

Guy

No idea. I expect the media will ask about this in a minute.

1 Like

More COVAX AZ arriving? Sorry I was a bit late.

This afternoon? Oh.

"One was a woman in her 50s who visited two shopping centers - Global Mall and CityLink – in Nangang on Aug. 28, the Taipei Department of Health said.

According to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), the patient developed a cough and sore throat between Aug. 26 and Sept. 1 and was confirmed as having contracted COVID-19 on Friday."

And yet going out as never before. WTF is wrong with these people?

5 Likes

Where do they pick up these infections eh? So weird especially at the very low levels.

Yeah, 400,000 from Poland.
There was a message in Polish saying thank you to the Polish nation for giving Taiwan the vaccines.

1 Like

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Same principle as the seasonal flu shot. They tell you that you can still get the flu but chances of severity are much lower so getting that jab is wise. And yeah, surely there will be new covid vaccines just like the flu shot is a new formula every year. Problem is they have to predict which strain will be strongest before the season and they don’t always get it spot on.

4 Likes

I can understand fatigue with all the restrictions, and going to the beach, hiking, dining with friends, one may take off the mask, stand too close, but for Buddha, Allah and Jesus sake, it is getting out of hand at the worst time. Underground clubbing, illegal hidden massage with happy endings, mahjong tournaments, ktv sessions, anything you can imagine that might be very suitable to spread normal contagion, do you think they have stopped because there is Delta around?! You´ve seen it. I´ve heard it. Maybe someone here is witness.

Of course, now they have the excuse that “it is better if people get sick”. And before?

Even in Taiwan, stupidity will doom us all. Sigh.

3 Likes

so I read on reddit that the 2 cases are in New Taipei, and they are a married couple.

One of the two new local cases is a kindergarten teacher. The school will be shut for 2 weeks and 52 students and staff have been quartantined.

She has received one shot of Moderna in July.

Her husband showed symptoms (headache, fever, fatigue, coughing) earlier this month, tested positive yesterday. She tested positive today, reports indicate that she had some symptoms in late August (coughing, loss of smell) but didn’t get tested till her husband tested positive.

Both have low CT, which is alarming. Source of infection is still under investigation.

1 Like

Dont forget late night outdoor dinners with beers. Just passed a restaurant with around 30 people sitting in tables no mask or anything laughing next to each other smoking and drinking. Their justification: Its after 1 am and its tucheng so who cares.

3 Likes

You described all of Ximending

1 Like

just a follow up link to my previous post.

Coughing and loss of smell. And she didn’t didnt think to get a test? That one shot of moderna made her feel like wonder woman. It can’t be covid, I have been vaccinated.

5 Likes

LOL the couple that were yesterday cases live in Tucheng. Hilarious.

1 Like

Oh she probably thought about it. And then thought “what will my neighbors think?”

Getting COVID still seems to be stigmatized here, like getting marked with a scarlet letter.

2 Likes

Well, she is working with toddlers. You have to be superwoman to deal with that. But yeah, sniffles or coughing can be anything, loss of smell/taste is a big red flag. But work comes first…

All of the staff is vaccinated. Now the school is closed down for two weeks. But you bet the parents are going to work and the kids stay with their grandparents. Or another day care. Because work first.

Moreover, they can’t tell if she gave it to her husband or vice versa.

well, then i am not surprised if things become more messy. I always tell people that no matter what rules government makes, its the people in taiwan who decide if they really wanna follow those or just throw it out of the window.

2 Likes