Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

Wait til COVID becomes electronic…

2 Likes

Well…this will certainly be a few interesting days.

I still can’t find any explanation of why the father had contact with his son.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh great. I’m glad I’ll be out of here in a few weeks and won’t have to deal with Taiwan’s “delta plan”.

1 Like

Are you leaving for good?

1 Like

Oh, I doubt they’ll let me back in again. Once delta hits it’ll be full-on headless-chicken mode. And I’m one of the filthy unvaxxed.

Bye!!

2 Likes

Don’t worry. I’ll probably die of COVID too. That’s what happens to people who don’t trust the government.

I honestly thought that would take a bit longer to happen. :grimacing:

At least I managed to get to a bar and have some social interaction last weekend (first real time in months). Better make the most of it while it lasts!

5 Likes

Authorities are closing the school and placing classmates and their families in government quarantine facilities.

Wow. Didn’t classes just start this week? That didn’t last long.

The follow-up on how this apparently got from a quarantined pilot to their son could certainly be interesting.

Statistically, it’s the people who don’t trust the scientists and refuse vaccines that are doing the dying.

And yet, the government has met success after success after success.

But please, continue telling us how we’re doing everything wrong.

3 Likes

Classes started two days ago. Kids in masks. Separators during lunch. But with essentially zero cases, what was there to worry about? And now with Delta everything is changed. I hope containment is possible.

And a pilot again?!

5 Likes

Statistically, no it isn’t. It’s people who are old and sick. Vaccination status is an almost insignificant predictor of mortality. But since you know a lot about statistics, I’m sure you know that already, and you’re just having a bit of fun.

Frankly, I’ve had it up to here with success. Y’all can have fun being successful.

We certainly will! :slight_smile:

You do know there is internet acces outside of Taiwan.

Just wanted to highlight here. But still government and public thinks it is people quarantining at home. Twice the same mistake? :thinking:

Were pilots still different than the general public in terms of quarantine up until recently? I know that a few days ago they changed the rule that pilots could not quarantine at home anymore , but before that announcement was there any difference?

2 Likes

"Suspected Delta case at a high school in Taoyuan City. "

How could that happen, didn’t they shut the borders? Now, businesses will be ruined for sure.

Shouldn’t they close down the whole Taoyuan County area? Put up road blocks? Checkpoints at stations.

Well, goodbye little freedoms we had. Enjoy the weekend like there is no tomorrow. First place they will close are the beaches again.