Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments 2023

Damn. All COVID deaths (just COVID deaths though) are equally tragic and worthy of national attention, but this one in particular hits close to home.

I don’t like to give out too much personal info online, but I fit that description perfectly. I’m also a ?, I’m also 40–99 years old, and I’ve also had ? vaccine doses. That could so easily have been me. :scream:

6 Likes

That actually is me. I’m posting from beyond the grave.

2 Likes

Actually, make that wearing masks for volcanic ash … In case Mount Datun goes kaboom.

Edit
Seriously, keep the N95s around, just in case.

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-18

Local = 14,795

Imported = 299

Deaths = 55

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

4 Likes

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2023-02-19

Local = 15,747

Imported = 130

Deaths = 68

5 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - 2023

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-20

Local = 11,808

Imported = 252

Deaths = 44

3 Likes

Christ. The mask came off??!

10 Likes

Completed Red Small

Covid Stats For 2023-02-21

Local = 16,911

Imported = 342

Deaths = 44

2 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-22

Local = 16,145

Imported = 339

Deaths = 64

5 Likes

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2023-02-23

Local = 14,083

Imported = 304

Deaths = 37

3 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-24

Local = 13,137

Imported = 303

Deaths = 56

Looks like we are at the end of the line for the daily pressers and counts, etc. Unless of course the epidemic “heats up” after the long 228 holiday! Hopefully not! Fingers crossed and touch wood.

Everyone have a good and safe holiday.

Mal

13 Likes

Thank you @MalcolmReynolds for your service to this community.

A shout out as well to @yinggeaussie for carrying this load at times too.

Here’s hoping neither of you need to pick this up again!

Guy

11 Likes

Yes, and thanks to @MalcolmReynolds who took this on, and tidied up the presentation when I ‘retired’ last March.

8 Likes

Completed Red Small

Covid Stats For 2023-02-25

Local = 13,281

Imported = 245

Deaths = 53

et al

Did you miss me

4 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-26

Local = 12,792

Imported = 298

Deaths = 46

The new corona pneumonia epidemic is continuing to decline. Last week, the number of new cases fell below 100,000, with a total of 98,613 new local cases; a decrease of 13.9% from the previous week’s 114,513 cases. There were 12,792 new local cases today, a decrease of 18.7% from last Sunday and there were 298 new imported cases and 46 deaths, Luo Yijun, a spokesman for the command center said that the number of new cases for a single day tomorrow is expected to fall below 10,000, and the policy of exempting confirmed cases from isolation will be announced as soon as March.

According to statistics from the command center, since the emergence of new coronary pneumonia cases in the country, there have been a total of 10,025,366 confirmed cases, including 17,864 deaths. Luo Yijun said that although the new crown pneumonia epidemic has slowed down, influenza, respiratory fusion virus, and adenovirus are currently appearing in the community. Coupled with the recent loosening of mask measures and the large number of people traveling during the 228 consecutive holidays, the elderly and young children are reminded to wear masks and wash their hands frequently to avoid infection during travel.

Although the mask measures have been relaxed, the “5+N” isolation measures are still adopted for confirmed cases, and as long as they are diagnosed, they must be notified; the outside world is concerned about when the command center will further announce other anti-epidemic measures, such as quarantine exemption for confirmed cases, revision of notification definitions, etc. Luo Yijun said that the measures for exempting from isolation and notification for mild cases and the relevant details have been discussed, but it still needs to see the subsequent downward trend of the epidemic and the impact on the epidemic after campuses are also exempt from wearing masks on March 6.

In addition, since the exemption from isolation for mild cases involves various ministries to discuss supporting measures, including whether it is necessary to rest at home, medical expenses and other related issues have yet to be clarified. Once the factors related to the epidemic are stabilized and relevant supporting packages are drawn up, new policies are expected to be announced in March.

3 Likes

If one were to follow the logic that has been thrown at us for the last three years, one would have to conclude that cases are declining because the mask mandate has been relaxed.

How is “quarantine exemption for confirmed cases” an anti-epidemic measure? I can’t tell if this is CECC doublespeak or bad machine translation.

1 Like

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-02-27

Local = 7,577

Imported = 168

Deaths = 44

The number of new coronary pneumonia cases fell below 10,000, and 7,577 new cases were added today, which is the lowest point since April 26 last year, separated by 307 days. Luo Yijun, spokesman of the command center, said that although this phenomenon should be affected by the delayed notification of the 228 consecutive holidays, it also means that the third wave of the epidemic is coming to an end. As for the relaxation of quarantine measures for those with mild symptoms, further decisions will not be made until after March 6, when the ban on masks is relaxed on school campuses at the earliest.

The number of new local cases dropped by 35.8% compared with last Monday, and there were 168 new imported cases and 44 deaths. According to statistics from the command center, since the emergence of new coronary pneumonia cases in the country, there have been a total of 10,033,108 confirmed cases, including 17,908 deaths.

Luo Yijun said that it was expected that due to the 228 consecutive days of the holiday, there would be delays in medical treatment and notification. However, it was originally estimated that the number of new cases in a single day today will be between 9,500 and 10,000, but there are more than 2,000 cases missing. Therefore, there should be a lot of replenishment cases on Wednesday and Thursday, and it is expected to increase to 19,000 in a single day. Case to 20,000, showing a wave of rising situation.

Luo Yijun said that he will observe the trend of the epidemic situation and decide whether the school campuses drop the mandate on indoor masks on March 6 as scheduled. If the epidemic situation is still stable after the opening and the measures of exempting from isolation and notification for mild cases, it is possible to continue in accordance with the planned direction. Therefore, the new policy will not be decided and announced until March 6 at the earliest.

Original article in Mandarin

新冠肺炎病例跌破萬例,今天新增7577例,是去年4月26日以來、相隔307天的最低點。指揮中心發言人羅一鈞表示,雖然此現象應是受到二二八連假延遲通報的影響,但也代表第三波疫情已接近尾聲。至於輕症者免隔離的放寬措施,最快也要等到3月6日後校園如期放寬口罩禁令後,才會有進一步決定。

新增本土病例較上周一下降35.8%,另新增168例境外移入個案、 44例死亡。指揮中心統計,國內出現新冠肺炎個案以來,總計有1003萬3108例確診病例,其中死亡病例1萬7908例。

羅一鈞表示,原就預期受到二二八連假效應,就醫、通報都會有延遲的情況。但原本預測今單日新增病例數為9500例至1萬例間,卻足足少了2000多例,因此周三、周四的回補病例應不少,預期回增至單日1萬9000例至2萬間,呈現一波上升的情形。

羅一鈞說,會再觀察疫情走向,決定校園是否如期在3月6日開放室內口罩禁令,如果開放後疫情仍穩定,輕症免隔離、免通報的措施,才有可能照規畫方向繼續進行。因此新政策最快也要等3月6日後才會決定、公布。

4 Likes

Didn’t I read somewhere that they were switching to weekly number updates now?

So…they’re still going to be publishing daily updates, but in a text format instead?

I wonder if they’ll start counting influenza and RSV cases next winter. Wouldn’t be surprised…