Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022

does anyone even really care about these stats anymore?

7 Likes

I do. Perhaps I am just delusional, but say daily cases were to reach 10k or below, then there’s a good reason to think that there might be a policy change.

2 Likes

It keeps people in work!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Taiwan needs to pump out excuses (errr 
 numbers) in order to justify its border restrictions and keep Quarantine establishments happy.

Many countries publish them on a regular basis, but very few have a daily presser. The former Peoples Republic of Australia (and any of its constituent republics) hasn’t had pressers for at least 6 months, though the states still publish numbers on the Internet.

Then again, Australia (and most other countries) no longer has any Border restrictions, Quarantine, Testing on Arrival, etc before allowing people in.

4 Likes

Report Completed1

42 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on August 7, 2022

There were 42 new deaths from local cases today, including 24 males and 18 females, aged in their 40s to over 90s. All had severe infections and all had a history of chronic disease, 25 of them hadn’t received 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 19 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was between May 11 and August 4, 2022, and the date of death was between May 26 and August 4.

Female = 18 (42.86%)
Male = 24 (57.14%)

Age Distribution

90s = 2 (4.76%)
80s = 14 (33.33%)
70s = 14 (33.33%)
60s = 4 (9.52%)
50s = 4 (9.52%)
40s = 4 (9.52%)

Vaccination Doses

0 doses = 19 (45.24%)
1 doses = 3 (7.14%)
2 doses = 3 (7.14%)
3 doses = 15 (35.71%)
4 doses = 2 (4.76%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 42 (100.00%)
None = 0 (00.00%)

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-08-07

8月7æ—„æ–°ćąžæ­»äșĄCOVID-19çąșèšșć€‹æĄˆèĄš.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

et al

5 Likes

Only @MalcolmReynolds

I think the lack of posts means most people couldn’t care less anymore.

3 Likes

Glad it’s including 4 doses these last two times. Maybe they’ll stop being delusional
 just maybe.

Is there a limit to the length of a post? I am just thinking that MalcolmReynolds might have some issues once they get to 20 doses or more.

4 Likes

Max post length is 99000 characters.

@MalcolmReynolds’s is 1681.

5 Likes

Has anyone ever done it?

If not, I’m putting something heavy on my keyboard to be the first.

1 Like

No. But we did reach 10000 replies on a topic once.

Was going strong on the next topic until it was closed and changed into a yearly thing.

2 Likes

99000 boosters?

We are screwed folks.

2 Likes

Would’ve been funnier if I had not put in the word ‘characters’

:stuck_out_tongue:

I think they’ll just roll out a spike protein continuous-delivery system at some point, similar to an insulin pump. I suspect a couple of Forumosans might jump at the chance. :grin:

1 Like

a bit like this, perhaps:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41417-022-00435-8

1 Like

From the article: "He said that 4,629 children aged six months to five years received vaccine shots on Friday, bringing the vaccination rate of the age group to 13.6 percent. "

Border opening in September?

Don’t think so. 3 cases of monkey pox already and not enough vaccines. We’ll go back to 14 + 7 in no time.

2 Likes

Yet here you are, reading and posting about them.

Guy

3 Likes

Yet here you are, posting too.

If you guys don’t care, find other threads or sites. It’s not that complicated.

Guy

2 Likes

There will be a drop and then the autumn hike is expected. Hopefully they are wrong.

Scuttlebutt was that they would welcome tourists in September. Let’s see if that plan comes to fruition and is not derailed.

Forgive me for being naive!!! 3 imported. 0 local transmission. 300% ratio, 14 + 14 stat!!!