Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022

The product, which consists of a test reading device and 30 individual tests, will be available via FamilyMart’s FamiPort machines from 10 a.m. Wednesday, at a cost of NT$13,399 (US$450).

FamilyMart said the device was suitable for companies looking to test their employees or for use at home and could be programmed to send results via text message or email.

… 85.3 percent effective at detecting positive results and 100 percent effective at detecting negative results.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-07-05

Local = 35,914

Imported = 101

Deaths = 103

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

6 Likes

I would get it, if it could be upgraded to do PCR testing for other diseases and/or DNA paternity testing LOL.

We are slowly entering Sci-Fi territory here: hopefully Star Trek tricorder kind and not Gattaca.

1 Like

Report Completed1

103 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on July 5, 2022

Female = 57 (55.34%)
Male = 46 (44.66%)

Age Distribution

90s = 20 (19.42%)
80s = 26 (25.24%)
70s = 28 (27.18%)
60s = 16 (15.53%)
50s = 9 (8.74%)
40s = 3 (2.91%)
30s = 1 (00.97%)

Vaccination Doses

0 = 40 (38.83%)
1 = 9 (8.74%)
2 = 9 (8.74%)
3 = 45 (43.69%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 94 (91.26%)
None = 9 (8.74%)

Vaccine Status For Deaths With No Chronic Disease History

0 = 4 (Ages - F-90s, M-90s, F-80s, F-70s)
2 = 1 (Age - F-70s)
3 = 4 (Ages - F-80s, M-80s, M-50s, F-40s)

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-07-05

7月5日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

4 Likes

Just confirmed with Eva Air in Taoyuan today by phone.
If you have a flight incoming to Taiwan that is booked and paid for (meaning you have a seat), then you are already a part of that 25,000/week stupid limit.

If you want to then change your flight back to Taiwan from the original booked date, then any successful rebooking depends on if that quota has been filled yet.

7 Likes

That rule is still causing me grief.

Guy

2 Likes

It does suck if one is taking a trip abroad, but then hoping to come home early or stay a little bit longer.
IIWII (it is what it is)

1 Like

If the government has put the limit at 25000, I trust that they have a reason.

Their reason(ing) has given 20,000 of that quota to China Airlines and EVA. That is what is messing me up! :rant:

Guy

2 Likes

Probably not enough manpower at the airport to handle greater loads of arrivals under the same stupid SOP they are doing right now.
IIWII

2 Likes

The 算命 guy at the local temple probably told them it was an auspicious number.

13 Likes

Yep. That’s why best to only fly those 2, but I do realize not applicable to Canadians, though, wonder if you can fly to SEA and then transfer thru. But, a mess if you try perhaps.

Both of Taiwan’s carriers do fly in and out of Vancouver—and EVA also flies in and out of Toronto.

The US airport scene (such as it is) looks a bit messed up now and I would prefer to avoid transiting there if possible.

Guy

2 Likes

If you are not a US citizen you should not transfer through the US at all. You must go through immigration as though you are staying there for real, then claim your bag, then recheck it, to go onward. US has no outbound passport control like every other country… not sure why they do that as people who are not allowed to leave (because of a pending charge or probation) can just leave.

Even US citizens should avoid transit because they would likely sometimes get question from overzealous border control agent who can’t understand why an American would live outside of their great country.

1 Like

Huh? Citizens don’t really have an issue with border control agents. “Gone for two years and arriving on a new passport? No prob! Go on through!”

Though student/work visa holders coming back to america…that’s a different story.

Having to go through immigration, claim baggage, recheck, etc. is still a pain even as a citizen. I have known people who are citizens who gets questioned by border agents as to why they spend more of their life outside of the US than in…

So they are protecting their own airlines? Have those airlines increased their prices? Since most people have to fly with them.

They are (almost) always the priciest, as they offer direct service, not transiting, say, in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, or other places.

However for transit passengers (say those starting in Ho Chi Minh City, then transiting in Taoyuan) they offer some nice deals.

Guy

1 Like

For flights starting from the UK pre covid, those two were pretty cheap. EVA was anyway. I know that because my dad flew with them and he always goes for the cheapest.

2 Likes