Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Tumeric

2 Likes

Just had some really good Indian street food.

I guess I’m good to go!

Guy

3 Likes

Many thanks. I got one last night at a FamilyMart in my local district. As you say, those around busier intersections were sold out. Today I was lucky enough to get a five pack in my local pharmacy probably 20 minutes after they started selling because I had been at home teaching online this afternoon. No idea how many they had left, but there was no longer any type of queue. I’m guessing they would have sold out within the next hour or two. I’ve thought about importing some but all the ones I’ve seen online are 100NTD+ so there is no real advantage in doing that. I suspect that in several weeks the panic buying/hoarding will be satisfied and it will be easier to get the government packs.

It’s up to the teacher now I thought.

Until you find out that it is "fast food’.

But yeah, nothing like a hot curry.

2 Likes

Not really sure where to put this, but this link seems useful: an English-language website (not official) taking you through the different steps of what we’re supposed to do these days.

More informative for those who can’t read Chinese than any government site I’ve seen, anyway.

Learned about it here:

7 Likes

I’ve heard this is a Taipei thing (feel free to correct me). My local 7 relies on my custom to pay the electricity bills and would “under the table” save a bunch for me (like they did with the masks, although I refused to accept more than my allotment). They said they are receiving no kids at all, and that I would need to line up like everyone else at one of the pharmacies.

2 Likes

Anyone found a good deal on at-home test kits online?

Once people figure out how to navigate through this new system, expect the number of positive cases to rise at a faster pace (assuming people aren’t hiding their positive rapid results).

Taipei, May 11 (CNA) The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Wednesday released more details on a new policy that will allow certain individuals in Taiwan who receive a positive result from a COVID-19 rapid antigen test to be counted as a confirmed case without having to undergo a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.

Previously, all individuals in Taiwan were only listed as a COVID-19 case after a positive PCR test result.

The new policy, which will be launched Thursday, applies only to people who are following the “3+4” isolation protocol for close contacts of people who test positive for COVID-19, as well as travelers who are in quarantine after arriving in Taiwan, the CECC said.

The harsh restrictions remain unchanged, so I doubt most people will be reporting their home results.

3 Likes

COVID-19 spit tests to be available at certain pharmacies starting today. $175 per test. While supplies last. If anyone’s interested.

3 Likes

I’m game for spitting on a pharmacist

1 Like

You’re not a true Forumosan until you’ve been banned. Or maybe you’re just a nice one who likes to post pictures and avoid the IP forum.

2 Likes

Great for Covid. Not so great for stomach pains, haha.

Worst infection I’ve had in Taiwan was funnily from Indian food. 7 days of gut-wrenching pain, fever and body aches. Some sort of bacteria, most likely.

4 Likes

Covid Stats For 2022-05-12

Local = 65,385

Airport = 40

Quarantine = 21

Deaths = 17

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

11 Likes

Wow No comments yet. People are moving past this?

Everyone is out getting unvaccinated.

1 Like

Girlfriend I am so over it.

1 Like

I see that the two who had no history of chronic illness had three shots each. The one was in his 60s and the other was in her 70s. I see nothing else in the chart that is surprising.

2 Likes