Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Yes. In the UK they call them certified copies. US must have something similar.

Just my two cents’ worth, just a shot in the dark, please disregard it if it doesn’t appear helpful:

I wonder if it might be all right to go ahead and politely present an authenticated document to TECO anyway–i. e., TECO’s preemptive rejection notwithstanding :slight_smile:–and then if TECO rejects the document, I wonder if one possible next step might be to tactfully explain your problem to AIT, and to tactfully ask AIT for further instructions or information.

4 Likes

This sounds like a communication problem, or possibly an instance of an official being an idiot. There’s no such thing as an “original” of these things in most countries - As Bree said, whatever is issued by the government, based on records held centrally, is the official certificate. I think Taiwan is the same in this regard, so they ought to understand the basic concept. I’m pretty sure nobody expects you to have a perfectly-preserved, decades-old piece of paper.

1 Like

Where did they say the school will be closed perpetually? It’s closed now because it’s almost summer vacation anyway so they might as well just close schools until the summer vacation is over.

Mask is here to say for a while (which I don’t see what the big deal is), but tourism will be open soon. Not in summer, but in a few months it will be.

You can order a brand new one online through your State Bureau of Vital Statistics. Have it sent to your parent’s house.

I’ve done this before. It’s extremely simple.

Here are some examples.

https://doh.wa.gov/licenses-permits-and-certificates/vital-records

6 Likes

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-06-30

Local = 38,846

Imported = 96

Deaths = 118

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

7 Likes

Finally some good news! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The domestic mask mandate complaint thread

Probably something involving rubber gloves.

3 Likes

Brilliant. Strong winds today - must be fun out on the water.

1 Like

Sorry your parents are not being given the service they deserve.

I left a power of attorney with my parents so they can apply for bureaucratic stuff like this abroad. Can that be helpful for you?

The minister himself said that they have to wait until all the golden children studying abroad come back for summer. Hotels have to be open for them because they need 24/7 service.

Hence the tourists can come in a bit later on.

Report Completed1

118 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on June 30, 2022

Female = 56 (47.46%)
Male = 62 (52.54%)

Age Distribution

90s = 27 (22.88%)
80s = 40 (33.90%)
70s = 26 (22.03%)
60s = 12 (10.17%)
50s = 8 (6.78%)
40s = 3 (2.54%)
30s = 1 (0.85%)
20s = 1 (0.85%)

Vaccination Doses

0 = 53 (44.92%)
1 = 13 (11.02%)
2 = 9 (7.63%)
3 = 41 (34.75%)
4 = 2 (1.69%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 115 (97.46%)
None = 3 (2.54%)

Vaccine Status For Deaths With No Chronic Disease History

0 = 3 (Ages - 90s, 60s, 40s)

Click to see detailed cases report

Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?

3 Likes

Does anyone know the total number of deaths in kids under the age of 18 (or 12) in Taiwan? I’ve done some googling and can’t find it.

A few of those fatalities listed above are indicated as having received 12 (twelve!) vaccine doses.

Guy

1 Like

That must obviously be a mistake? There’s no way nine people on there could have had 12 doses (especially as none of the others had more than four).

Besides, 12 doses probably grants one immortality.

Maybe they’re the recipients of the En Chu Kong Hospital Doses :rofl:

1 Like

Ouch!

Guy

1 Like

Holy crap. I gotta check that in the morning.

Had to be an error in my translation program.

Wait. I see what happened. Someone at the CECC uploaded their master Excel database for the entire month of June instead of a PDF for just the 30th. I downloaded it before they corrected their error and removed the link. My translation program must have taken values from their drop down menus and/or other days of the month instead of from the regular form fields for just the 30th.

Computers. Gotta love them!

I‘ll fix it tomorrow.

3 Likes

All corrected.

For some strange reason, the main database they uploaded confused my translation program and added a “1” before those who had 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccinations and made them “12”. LOL Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

As an aside, I’d like to whinge about the CECC and their abysmal daily reports.

It appears that they have multiple people working on it and not one person who is in charge to keep things consistent. For example, sometimes they type in “Stroke” or “Cancer” or for a chronic disease history for some of the cases, but then on the same report, they input "Stroke, etc. and “Cancer, etc.” or “Cancer metastasis” for other cases. It’s really frickin’ annoying to program my translator to catch all this added crap.

When it gets to the column on Symptoms, the inconsistency is really fucked up and time consuming. They really need to standardize the report to make it easier for themselves and especially for me. I mean, come on
“burnout”, “exhaustion”, “tired”, “general tiredness”, “weak”, “weakness”, “wheez”, “wheezing”. Chabuduo!

The only standard thing about Taiwan is that there are no standards!

Edit: You know,I wonder if the underling who uploaded the master database yesterday got in trouble. I have access to everything, so I can see how they made their database and although I’m not a computer programmer, I could have done a much better job standardizing how the data is presented. I mean
is “Survey” (still under investigation) really a symptom? Should it be there? Looks like a bunch of filler/boiler plate crap. They simply could have written “Unknown”. Is “Diagnosed at residential facility” a symptom? No. Ok
gotta stop the whinging
it is what it is
time to go outside
guess I’ll put on my mask!

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re right about all this. Their daily reports are pretty ugly to look at (overlapping and/or vague terms, inconsistent capitalization, stuff in the “symptoms” column that aren’t symptoms
).

Wait, are you making/translating these PDF files? I thought they were coming from the CDC itself.

1 Like