Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments November-December 2022

Hmm, it’s time dependent in this case. You can still quote him, move to this thread, and select respond in this thread and it will link automatically. Or copy paste the quote codes and text.

I can’t see how to quote him, but it’s not a massive issue.

1 Like

It could be due to people not reporting. I know a good number of people who told only their company so that they could work from home, but didn’t go through the online reporting step.

2 Likes

It is still there, in the old thread. Confusing with so many closely related threads.

Exactly what I did. There is zero point in reporting. Can anyone see any point I’m not aware of?

1 Like

Since it grew beyond the point of tracing, it has become kinda pointless. I think it’s still good to have an idea of the numbers to see how it changes.

A panel of health experts on Thursday unanimously agreed that the locally-produced Medigen COVID-19 vaccine was effective in providing protection against severe illness and death from the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The vaccine received a 14-0 vote of support, following a review of its effectiveness assessment report that day, Taiwan’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said in a statement.

2 Likes

Completed Red Small

Covid Stats For 2022-11-04

Local = 27,547

Imported = 47

Deaths = 74

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

4 Likes

Interesting reports. One presumes then that Medigen’s Paraguay study from a while ago actually yielded some results? I can’t remember reading a thing about it after it began.

Guy

Do health department representatives still call you and check on you if you report? I read a foreigner blog post about it a while back, the whole thing sounded like complete madness. Fielding calls from random public servants, stuffing around entering details in stupid Taiwan A.P.Ps, while feeling the worst you’ve felt since childhood influenza, no thanks.

1 Like

I’m not sure what happens if you report.

Nothing ever happened to me when I reported back in May or so. I had an online telehealth appointment, and that was pretty much it. I don’t currently recall ever hearing about people calling and checking after “domestic” self-reporting (at least not since the current outbreak in April or so), although I used to hear about people who’d entered the country being checked on.

1 Like

Oh you have to actually haul yourself out of bed, and sit in front of a camera and talk to someone, that’s even worse in my opinion!

Completed Red Small

74 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 4, 2022

There were 74 new deaths from local cases today, including 36 males and 38 females, aged in their 40s to 90s. All had severe infections, 70 had a history of chronic disease, 44 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 29 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was between June 4 and November 1, 2022, and the date of death was between June 4 and November 1.

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-04

11月4日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

et al

5 Likes

Starting November 7th, the control measures for COVID-19 contacts and confirmed cases will be adjusted, and some community epidemic prevention regulations will be cancelled. The public is requested to cooperate and implement relevant prevention and control policies.

Release date: 2022-11-04

Summary

The Central Epidemic Epidemic Command Center stated that from November 7, 2022, the following prevention and control policies will be adjusted:

1. The “home isolation” measures for contacts will be cancelled, and “0+7 days of self-epidemic prevention” will be fully implemented.

2. The isolation/autonomous health management of non-severely diagnosed patients is changed to “7+n days”: non-severely diagnosed patients are released from isolation after 7 days of isolation, and continue to undergo autonomous health management for a maximum of 7 days. , the relevant control measures can be lifted in advance.

3. Cancel the restriction that people must complete the COVID-19 vaccine booster (3rd dose) vaccination or quick screening to participate in activities of the nature of “contact with unspecified people or unable to maintain effective social distancing”, including religious activities, group tours and gyms, Eight major industries, etc.

4. Cancel the mandatory regulations for temperature measurement in business premises and public areas.

The command center explained that in line with the loosening of the above-mentioned policies, from November 7th, when people who have been diagnosed will fill in relevant information in the “Self-reporting of confirmed cases to the Epidemic Investigation System”, they only need to report close contacts between the age of 2 and under the age of 2 for those who have been in contact with them. It is not necessary to fill in the detailed personal information of the contact persons who live with them. The local government will provide 4 doses of public-funded rapid screening reagents for each close contact person over the age of 2 for use during the self-epidemic prevention period.

The command center reminds that from November 7, people diagnosed with home care will continue to undergo self-health management after completing the 7-day quarantine for a maximum of 7 days; during the self-health management period, if the rapid screening is negative, the self-health management can be released. People who are self-administered, asymptomatic people can live and go out normally. The results of the quick screening are not limited, but they should avoid entering and leaving places where social distancing cannot be maintained or where it is easy to come into close contact with unspecified objects. Or group activities, if you need to go to the hospital to accompany, visit, seek medical treatment or check, please follow the current medical emergency measures. If you have symptoms, if you need to seek medical treatment, you are not allowed to take public transportation to protect yourself and others.

The command center also pointed out that since November 7, some community control measures have also been loosened, and life has gradually returned to normal. People participating in religious activities, group travel, or entering and leaving gyms, eight major industries and other activities or venues that “will come into contact with unspecified people or cannot maintain effective social distancing” are not limited by the number of vaccination doses and the results of rapid screening; It is no longer mandatory to take body temperature when entering business premises and public areas.

The command center calls on the public to continue to cooperate with relevant prevention measures and guidelines, implement hygiene protection measures such as frequent handwashing and cough etiquette, and recommend vaccination against COVID-19 to enhance their own and community protection and reduce the risk of disease transmission.

5 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2022-11-05

Local = 25,523

Imported = 44

Deaths = 67

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022:

Is the above what you wanted to reply to, or did I foul up? :slight_smile:

(To the board at large: Please note that, in quoting @finley’s post, I’m not expressing an opinion either pro or con (or in between, for that matter) about these issues.)

2 Likes

Completed Green2

67 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 5, 2022

There were 67 new deaths from local cases today, including 37 males and 30 females, aged in their 50s to 90s. 3 All had severe infections, 63 had a history of chronic disease, 47 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 33 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from August 15 to November 2, today (2022), and the date of death was from October 1 to November 2.

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-05

11月5日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

et al

5 Likes

Abnormal behaviour. We have a new symptom.

2 Likes

Re: “abnormal behavior”—I wonder if this refers to a kind of psychosis / psychotic behavior?

Guy

1 Like