Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments November-December 2022

Life expectancy at birth and average age at death are two different things, and there is no simple mathematical relationship between them. Normally the latter is higher than the former, but for some reason average-age-at-death is rather low in Taiwan. I must say I was quite surprised by the discrepancy with life expectancy. Those figures quoted on Page 4 of the MOHW spreadsheet are labelled as all-cause figures, but possibly they’re not.

Nevertheless, the cancer figures I quoted are pretty unambiguous. If the age-at-death figures quoted are “with common diseases” and not “all-cause”, they are at least describing the same population as in the CECC spreadsheet (very few people on that list had none of the common diseases associated with death).

1 Like

Completed Green2

65 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 24, 2022

There were 65 local deaths today, including 34 males and 31 females, aged from their 50s to 90s. All had severe infections, 63 had a history of chronic diseases, 40 hadn’t received the recommended 3 or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 31 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from September 28 to November 21 today (2022), and the date of death was from November 3 to November 21.

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-24

11月24日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

et al

陳曉萱 (Duck)

Special bearded hot guy for @Icon

5 Likes

Muchas gracias. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-11-25

Local = 14,138

Imported = 57

Deaths = 56

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

5 Likes

Report Completed1

56 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 25, 2022

There were 56 local deaths today, including 31 males and 25 females, aged from their 40s to 90s. All had severe infections, 55 had a history of chronic diseases, 45 hadn’t received the recommended 3 or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 37 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from September 30 to November 22 today (2022), and the date of death was from October 20 to November 22.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-25

11月25日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

陳曉萱 (Duck)

4 Likes

Something there not like the others.

Completed Red Small

Covid Stats For 2022-11-26

Local = 13,218

Imported = 51

Deaths = 29

5 Likes

Completed Red Small

29 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 26, 2022

There were 29 local deaths today, including 17 males and 12 females, aged from their 50s to 90s. All of them had severe infections, 28 had a history of chronic diseases, 20 hadn’t received the recommended 3 or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 15 hadn’t had any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from September 30 to November 23 today (2022), and the date of death was from November 18 to November 23.

CECC → Why can’t you do the report correctly every day?

Your Problem Is Obvious

Suck my balls

F1Fb

Hand Translated Today. Sorry For Any Errors.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-26

11月26日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

7 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2022-11-27

Local = 13,276

Imported = 35

Deaths = 25

6 Likes

Completed Green2

25 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 27, 2022

There were 25 new deaths from local cases today, including 15 males and 10 females, aged in their 50s to 90s. All had severe infections, all had chronic medical histories, 14 hadn’t received the recommended 3 or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 10 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from October 12 to November 24, 2022, and the date of death was from November 5 to November 24.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-27

11月27日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

7 Likes

Now that the elections are over, we can expect the removal of all Covid restrictions to be announced in the next few days I presume?

I get the impression the CECC have some sort of deep-state influence over the government, rather as the NIH and CDC did in the US, and their decisions seem driven by a curious combination of megalomania and cowardice.

I doubt local government, in particular, has any influence over their behaviour or would dare challenge them in any serious way. But if they feel “safe” from any backlash from the carefully-cultivated paranoia of the public, perhaps they’ll mull some more nonsensical loosening of restrictions.

1 Like

I wonder what nonsensical loosening will come next. People with ID numbers ending with an odd digit can go maskless outside on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and the first and third Sundays of each month, and people with ID numbers ending with an even digit can go maskless outside on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and the second and fourth Sundays of each month? Subject to being able to maintain adequate social distancing, of course.

5 Likes

How’s your time in Thailand coming?

I miss some of those pictures you used to post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

It’s very nice, thanks!

Not rushing to book a return flight right now anyway, that’s for sure. :grin:

I realize this isn’t the right thread for that though, so the bosses can move if they want. :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

It’s gonna be something like that. Remember when they did exactly this for shopping, because science?

btw, is that an entire field of tithonia? That must be pretty impressive. I’d be interested to find out why they’re growing it.

1 Like

Came out with some statement today, didn’t really pay much attention to the BS but something like from December not having to wear masks in wide open spaces where social distancing came be maintained, so that would be pretty much exactly like the current guidelines?

I heard as of this coming Thursday, masks are no longer required when outside, regardless whatever activity or nonactivity you are doing.

Does anyone actually do any “social distancing” at all? I wish they did to be honest. The grandad stood over my shoulder in 7-11 and the auntie pushing on to the MRT before I can get off clearly don’t care about properly following covid protocol.

3 Likes

They seemed to call them “wild sunflowers”, but could be! The place is Thung Bua Tong in Mae Hong Son province, and we happened to be passing for the few weeks each year they’re in bloom so made a 60 km detour.

It was quite nice. The main purpose seemed to be as a tourist attraction, but not sure if they do anything with the sunflowers/seeds as well.

3 Likes