Coronavirus vaccination: pros, cons, alternatives

"Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine offer almost no protection against coronavirus infection in kids ages 5 to 11, according to a new study — a finding that may have consequences for parents and their vaccinated children.

IFR for ages 5-11: 0.0024-0.0031%

:thinking:

3 Likes

Funny how you didn’t quote this paragraph:

The Pfizer shots still offered protection against serious illness from Covid, the researchers found, with protection against hospitalization declining to 48 percent from 100 percent over the same time period.

5 Likes

Ignore that part. It doesn’t fit the narrative.

2 Likes

When was hospitilisation at 100%? And was that for genuine medical reasons?

It was intended. There are plenty of others pushing the other narrative. Funny how none of them utilised the quote I supplied, from the very same study :slight_smile:

You can ignore my quote as well, doesn’t fit the other narrative :slight_smile:

I didn’t post the article. YOU are the one posting it. YOU chose to omit it. Doesn’t seem very ‘fair’… :thinking:

2 Likes

Or scientific.

2 Likes

Even that protection has been significantly reduced though.

It is fair, IMO.

That’s rich :laughing: This is not a scientific journal. It’s a discussion forum. There’s plenty of pro-fear, pro-vax, pro-Covid stuff around. Including it seems in the mainstream news.

I linked the article, and thankfully a couple of you were able to “balance my post” by quoting something else from it :slight_smile:

Probably belongs in the Covid vaccine ineffective for kids thread anyway.

1 Like

US limits use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine over rare blood clots

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has restricted the use of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID vaccine for adults due to the risk of a rare blood clotting syndrome.

The J&J shot is authorised for those aged 18 and above and is one of the three COVID-19 jabs cleared for use in the United States.

The agency said the J&J shot could be administered in cases where authorised or approved vaccines were not accessible or if an individual was less keen on using the other two shots.

The FDA said its analysis had determined that the risk of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome after the administration of the shot warrants limiting of the authorisation.

J&J has not yet responded to requests for comment.

Safe and effective………until they are not.

3 Likes

The rest are perfectly safe then.

3 Likes

Maybe someone talked about this already, but Chris Martenson has been pretty critical of the NIH, the mRNA vaccines, and the Pfizer’s trial report.

He is basing his arguments on this study released on The Lancet

which shows that the mRNA vaccines don’t prevent All Cause Mortality rate, while the AZ and other adenovirus-vector vaccines do. The study didn’t include protein sub-unit vaccines like Medigen or inactivated virus ones from China.

All Cause Mortality rate is essentially the excess death rate that really reflects the effectiveness of a government’s pandemic control efforts.

1 Like

I’ve just watched those two videos. I’ve always been pretty impressed by the quality of Martenson’s analyses. I wish he wouldn’t introduce himself as “Dr Chris Martenson” - it’s kinda cringy when people do that - but it seems that these days you do have to put your creds up front or you get an instant slew of ad hominems from the peanut gallery.

Added to all that, I noticed this on the Brownstone Institute site regarding real-world vaccine effectiveness (that is, studies looking at whether vaccines extend lives, save money, or in some other respect deliver a net benefit). The results are equivocal at best.

Many of these are looking only at delta, so I’m not sure that they’re relevant anymore. However the last couple of dozen do take omicron into account, and most of them show that vaccines do almost nothing for anybody - which is hardly surprising, since omicron is inherently harmless in the majority of unvaccinated patients. There are answers here to those who say “well, I haven’t seen any evidence of waning immunity, or immune suppression”. Martenson’s video #60 also points out that Pfizer knew about the waning immunity from the get-go, but they performed the classic pharma trick of terminating the trial before the results could start looking too awful.

So the question remains: why on earth are governments (and some section of the general public) still obsessed with these vaccines? We’ve still got people on forumosa and elsewhere saying “get the damn vaccine”. But why? What would it do for me if I did, apart from temporarily relieving my status as a social pariah? What would it do for society?

I see nothing here except harm, and lots of it.

What I want to see this year is the release of Taiwan’s cause-of-death statistics. While the numbers in other countries are confounded by the (claimed) COVID deaths, Taiwan is quite unique in that only two things of note happened in 2021: a coercive vaccination programme; and a bunch of economic, social, and quasi-medical interventions. A lot of people died unexpectedly in 2021, and it’ll be interesting to see what the gov’t claims they died of.

1 Like

They did?

1 Like

I posted these numbers elsewhere:

Raw deaths Crude Mortality ASMR
2016 172,418 733.2 439.4
2017 171,857 729.6 424.3
2018 172,859 733.1 415.0
2019 175,424 743.4 408.2
2020 173,067 733.9 390.8
2021 183,732 783 (unknown)

The gov’t spreadsheet is here:

https://ws.moi.gov.tw/001/Upload/400/relfile/0/4413/79c158fd-d51f-4061-b24b-fbcdb0fb92d9/month/m1-02.xls

1 Like

As someone who followed him since February 2020, I can tell you he didn’t used to do that. He had to start bringing up his doctoral degree in biomedical studies because everyone attacked him for pushing the lab leak theory, so he had to show he knew what he is talking about.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. It’s the world we live in.

That claim is mostly false.

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/guesses-for-the-day/207069/3769?u=hansioux

Unlike what happened in the UK, the US, and most European nations during the height of Alpha and Delta, for Taiwan’s 2021 number, at most you could say there are slightly more deaths than average in June, and maybe November. However, the difference is only around 3,000, which isn’t really that significant compared to other fluctuations.

1 Like

We won’t know if it’s false or not until they compute ASMR, but 183,732 is several standard deviations higher than the previous 5-year average, and that suggests to me that something funny happened in 2021. OTOH, the age distribution has been slowly changing. So it might be closer to normal than it appears at first glance.

1 Like

Because Taiwan’s getting OLD

My bigger question after making that chart is why is the number always higher in March. The only reason I could think of is that maybe the people missing after a certain number of years is declared as dead in March every year. Though, I don’t know if that’s even a thing.