Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

A vaccine-related blog post from the guy I mentioned in the Open thread.

His point is that antigens, in nature, don’t just appear all by themselves; they’re associated with a pathogen. Our immune system recognises coronavirus spike proteins not because those proteins themselves are a problem, but because they’re attached to something that is a problem. And our immune system responds by destroying that thing.

So. The vaccine causes your own body to manufacture these spike proteins - much as a virus would - and that means, presumably, that the cells “malfunctioning” in this way will be targeted for cell death and phagocytosis.

Is this a problem? Maybe it isn’t. It happens all the time, of course. But who knows? Does anybody care? Either way, I think his stance is a reasonable one: wait and see if the guinea-pigs develop problems.

1 Like

Triggered?
Considering most lab rats reporting these symptoms could consider and in fact drink toilet water should Jackboot Johnson and halfwit Hancock told them, it’s no surprise.

Erm…triggered by what? By you?

Not at all - don’t be ridiculous. :laughing: You have zero credibility in this discussion, as we’ve repeatedly established. You just want to believe “vaccine bad” and support anything to that effect without the ability or willingness to assess the full evidence.

I was just making a joke at your expense, because Tommy posted something from a source that’s perhaps even as unreliable as you (well, I probably wouldn’t go that far).

Isn’t it time for you to get back to Twitter? There might be some more “data” waiting.

Quite smug.
‘Zero credibility’ in a discussion.
How does one define this? Are you the high priest of moderation? A mouthpiece for pharma? Is this thread littered by those who work within the pharmaceutical industry (with views on both sides)? Only those who tow the party line are allowed to have credible viewpoints?
What you see as ‘robust’ is only allowed?
I support freedom of choice. I don’t think you do or some others here do…
I don’t think a leaky vaccine nor lock down for that matter are solutions to government responses to something that has killed 0.2% of the population (probably lower going off the Italians saying only 12% died from actual C19 rather than with it).
Triggered indeed.

An honest look at the EU mess with vaccines.

1 Like

i think that we are using the new vaccines because we dont have much of a choice. the world is going to the shitter because of lockdowns and what nots and there actually appear to be a lot of people dying from this disease.

Let’s make sure of the facts. We need to make sure there are lot of people dying from covid and not something else blamed on covid. And if that is the case then we need these emergency use vaccines that have many side effects of which not all are known.

The govts believe this is a major world wide health emergency worth while of emergency measures.

Are they wrong?

From past experience: I think it’s safe to assume that governments are wrong (or lying) 90% of the time. The problem is that it’s hard to spot the occasional 10% of the time when they’re not.

I just found out that the COVID-19 vaccine has not been officially approved by the FDA.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Which vaccine? Which FDA? What do you mean by “not been officially approved” (approved under EUAs, perhaps?)?

2 Likes

I was right and it’s true. The COVID vaccine is not yet fully approved by the FDA.
But this medicine is being injected for emergency purpose.

1 Like

The J&J vaccine looks good . Single dose

For those who claimed otherwise. @nz

Clinical Trial Demographic Information

Clinical trials for the J&J/Janssen vaccine included people from the following racial and ethnic categories:

• 62.1% White
  • 17.2% Black or African American
  • 8.3% American Indian or Alaska Native
  • 5.4% Multiple races
  • 3.5% Asian
  • 0.3% Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander

Ethnicity:

• 45.1% Hispanic or Latino
  • 52.4% Not Hispanic or Latino
  • 2.5% Unknown

And the most important part…This goes for all the Western vaccines approved so far I believe.

• The vaccine had high efficacy at preventing hospitalization and death in people who did get sick. No one who got COVID-19 at least 4 weeks after receiving the J&J/Janssen vaccine had to be hospitalized.
3 Likes

Yes, and you’re only just finding that out? It’s been widely announced since the start that they’re covered by emergency use authorizations.

You haven’t just uncovered a conspiracy or something.

And again, there’s no such thing as “the COVID vaccine”. There are several, all of which are different and need to be evaluated separately.

6 Likes

We all know that, it’s approved for ‘emergency’ use. This is an emergency.

6 Likes

Good for you, keep it up.

My close friend works at Nintendo and can get me all the free games I want.

Is white a race? Lots of Asian women like to be ‘white’.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::clap::clap::clap::clap: