Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

There has generally been a lot of coercion for people to take vaccines, umbrella effect and all that. Sometimes even mandatory:

2 Likes

As emergencies go thereā€™s been a very slow response.

1 Like

Kind of like the climate emergency.

1 Like

So if there is no such thing as the COVID vaccine, then what the hell are these vaccines called? What the hell are they for?

You wrote about ā€œthe COVID vaccineā€, implying thereā€™s only one, like in the odd sentence ā€œOh, I read the book yesterday!ā€ (Um, which book?) There are multiple COVID vaccines.

1 Like

I am THE Covid Vaccine. Take that Covid!

giphy (2)

4 Likes

That guy is not wearing his mask properly. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Cha bu duo lahā€¦

1 Like

Oops meant this for another thread.

Wait, why is the virus wearing a mask? :runaway:

I donā€™t know, the more I look at that gif the more Iā€™m asking WTF is going on. :smiley:

2 Likes

ā€œPfizerā€™s new at-home pill to treat Covid could be available by end of the year, CEO hopesā€

No need for vaccine booster shots after 1 year or so.

The person who made his life with useless software patents, banked on monopolistic practices, couldnā€™t design a decently secure OS is busy lecturing on how to control vaccine patents.

A true has-been relic. I hope he takes his billions and goes lives on Mars. Will be more useful there.

Just imagine if people like him would stand up and say ā€œyou know what. Letā€™s squash vaccine patents. Letā€™s not profit off a tragedy. When the world is back to normal weā€™ll find more human ways to profit from.ā€

1 Like

Where did you get that ?
Iā€™m afraid booster shots are almost certainly going to be an annual thing.

Thatā€™s not what he meant.
.I hate when find lks selectively quote.

What he said was that releasing the patents doesnā€™t mean you are going to get a good quality validated vaccine at the end. He is correct in saying that the limitijg factor is not the patents !

The limiting factor are the manufacturing resources including the reagents , the production know how , the supply chain and how to perform the extremely rigorous quality control .

India has the largest manufacturing capacity it is not being held back by the patents as far as I know

Bill Gates has put 100s millions, maybe billions behind vaccine research personally.

1 Like

Yeah. I read on Twitter that the picobatteries in the GPS nanotrackers only last 12 months anyway.

4 Likes

Manufacturing is already outsourced. Under guidance. His concerns are about something thatā€™s obvious and already taken care of.

If patents are not the problem, why not release them since he wants to show heā€™s so altruistic.

Because first of all these things need to be funded , thereā€™s nothing wrong with making return in investment.

Second they can license them at low costā€¦Which I believe they have licensed to countries around the world with the ability and resources to manufacture.

I read the interviews with Serum Institute of India CEO since last year . A private company. Biggest vaccine manufacturer in the world.

You should read them.

He clearly says it is export blocks on reagents and also lack of coordination that was the problem. Also the scale of investment required.I donā€™t remember him mentioning any patent issues !!

1 Like

Well I suggest you listen to the interview.

1 Like

I can find the interviews .
He said it was raw material export blocks that was most harmful.
Raw material shortages.

Not as sexy as attacking Bill Gates one of the great health benefactors of all time though is it ~

Companies need to patent their stuff so other companies donā€™t block them from selling it . Thatā€™s the reality.