Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

The article I shared states:

And 99.5% of deaths are among the unvaccinated, US Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy said Sunday.

If this is inaccurate, I may change my stance. I’m hearing this repeatedly, though.

I don’t believe you are being so nonchalant about this when ~50k Americans lose their lives to suicide each year, a number that is greater than the number of covid deaths in Vermont, Alaska, Hawaii, Wyoming, Maine, DC, New Hamshire, North Dakota, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Idaho, Nebraska, Utah, Rhode Island, Oregon, West Virginia, New Mexico, Kansas, Nevada, and Arkansas throughout the entire covid pandemic…COMBINED.

Granted, some people are more prone to depression and related mental health issues but if we could require every person in the country to be prescribed an SSRI, I am fairly confident that this rate could drop. If you want to push it nearer to zero, we could quarantine every person with mental health issues in gov’t facilities and ban driving and increase regulations on alcohol sales which may seem like a bit drastic but if it saves even one life, I believe it will be worth it.

3 Likes

Chris Hayes a while ago had an awesome rant in which he spoke about various problems in life, say financial trouble, or trouble at work, which cannot be solved with two doses of a vaccine.

His point is that this situation we are facing now is actually stunningly straightforward, as we have been gifted a way out, in a manner completely unlike almost every other aspects of life.

EDIT: If forumosans are interested, here’s the rant:

Guy

2 Likes

“For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.”
– H. L. Mencken

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of quoting that one. The fact that some people think this is so easy to solve simply indicates how few people understand what a nightmarish scenario we’re facing. In particular, the idea that “two doses of a vaccine” will make everything all right again is so self-evidently false that it must be one of the most dangerous delusions that humanity has ever fallen prey to. Israel is almost entirely vaxxed, and as we speak they are enacting one of the most draconian assaults on liberal democracy that the world has seen in a very long time. Other countries will probably follow their lead.

EDIT: I’ve watched the first 5 minutes of Hayes’ rant, and so far it’s BS. A lot of what he’s saying is either untrue or doesn’t mean what he thinks it means; and I suspect he’s not deliberately lying: he’s just ignorant.

Ultimately, if people don’t want to take the vaccine, that’s their lookout. People have the right to choose how they die, or the relative probabilities of how they die. The fact is that most people in the “Conservative” states whose number is up this year will die of cancer or heart disease, many of them for preventable reasons. Virtually none of them will die of COVID.

2 Likes

I don’t think these statements are mutually incompatible:

• “96% of deaths are those that are unvaccinated”
  • “Alabama has already reached 84% vaccination in the older cohort, which is almost the same as the rest of the US”.

It makes more sense if you think in terms of absolute numbers. There are a very small number of deaths, and that’s because there’s a very small number of people who are (a) at risk and (b) unvaxxed.

As I’ve pointed out several times, vaccination does have some modest impact on deaths, but most of the State-to-State variation is not explained by variations in vaccination rates.

1 Like

Updated info from 2 days ago. UK Public Health Technical Briefing 19.

469 Delta deaths from 229,302 confirmed Delta cases.

Of those who were admitted to emergency care for Delta-strain Covid in the UK:

• 121,402 were unvaccinated.
    165 of those died within 28 days of specimen date.

• 82,864 were vaccinated with one or two shots, and of those,
    289 people died within 28 days of specimen date.

1 Like

Interesting how those numbers bear no resemblance to the equivalent metrics in the US. Clearly, fewer vaxed than unvaxed (in percentage terms) are dying, but it doesn’t seem to be as dramatic a difference as the American authorities are making out.

I wonder why more vaccinated people die after admission? Perhaps something to do with the fact that the ‘anti-vaxxer’ holdouts are mostly healthy?

And I see they’ve already used the whole Greek alphabet. I guess we’re going to have to start using the whole of the Basic Multilingual Plane to enumerate things now.

EDIT: I just had a brilliant wheeze. Why not enumerate COVID variants using simplified Chinese characters? There are thousands of them.

1 Like

That table is from linked document.

The age is a big influence. Mostly old people were vaccinated first, but they also have more health issues besides covid19, which affects their chances for recovery.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. The people first in the queue for vaccination were those who had a genuine reason to think they were at risk.

That document is a goldmine of information. I’ll trawl through it properly when I have time.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I thought as well.

That it is. Always interesting to read, especially after a few weeks of “alarming” Delta news being circulated.

I don’t know if anyone here sees the correlation between the reaction to the CCP virus and the Chicken Little story. It seems like so many people here are hapless friends of Chicken Little and are righteously encouraging others to follow her. The only difference is that the fox hasn’t killed them, yet. No one here thinks it’s strange that not only did we not have a reasonable discussion about alternative treatments, but that it was banned by social media. Of course, it was for our protection, we don’t want Chicken Little’s friends to get away from the fox. Ivermectin has shown good results in dealing with the CCP virus - https://c19ivermectin.com/
I know the website looks like crap, it’s just a gateway to many studies on Ivermectin. One reason I’ve seen why this isn’t being looked into further is that there’s no money to be made from this treatment, or it could be something else…

Do any of you know that we STILL haven’t isolated the virus, that all testing is based off 4 markers that they claim are from the virus? Here’s a site where many government health departments where asked about it - https://www.fluoridefreepeel.ca/fois-reveal-that-health-science-institutions-around-the-world-have-no-record-of-sars-cov-2-isolation-purification/

Hell, the US CDC are canceling their authorization of the PCR test, they couldn’t tell the difference from the CCP virus and the flu - Lab Alert: Changes to CDC RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Testing

But fear not! Bill Gates and George Soros have bought a company, Mologic, that’ll provide new tests. Bill, known for his vaccination of poor countries, and George, for his efforts in changing government policies. They know Chicken Little’s story, and how we all must follow her.

Those of you who have had the vaccine will have a problem with this, either mentally, physically, or both.

So good luck to those of you who have taken the experimental medicine. Hopefully you’ll get back to me in a few years and tell me everything is fine. Honestly, I’d rather hear you’re fine than in the fox’s belly. I’m not going to follow along with Chicken Little, as her story sounds like BS.

A little debate going the past few days. Sam Harris posted this

I only listened to the first part of this and figured I had gotten the message. My feelings on hearing it are echoed in this Twitter thread (also mentioned by Weinstein later)

https://twitter.com/alexandrosM/status/1418820817161363456

Weinstein responds

Good talk, as usual. I found out about this from a Benjamin Boyce interview of Marinos (which I found very hard to follow and didn’t really listen to).

This is nutty and easily refutable by a cursory google search (which I suggest you try in future)…or basic biochemical knowledge. See here, for example:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/grows-virus-cell-culture.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-isolated/fact-check-the-virus-that-causes-covid-19-has-been-isolated-and-is-the-basis-for-the-vaccines-currently-in-development-idUSKBN28E2SB

Isolation (as in, here’s a vial of SARS-CoV-2), as opposed to comprehensive characterization using modern scientific techniques, isn’t even a prerequisite for unambiguously identifying a virus or microorganism. Didn’t bother reading beyond that, on the assumption that it would be more dishonesty.

4 Likes

But, but, Chicken Little says that viruses cultured in green monkey kidney cells is the same as the real thing! That’s what they did in that study you sited, cultured the virus in monkey kidney cells. As to the last part you say that you don’t need to isolate, just use modern scientific techniques. Do you know what those are? They’re computer generated models that they can’t prove exists in real life. For example, a German doctor Dr. Stefan Lanka talks about this.

Virologists interpret the death of cells in the laboratory as viral. Due to the lack of control attempts (experiments), they overlook the fact that they kill the cells in the laboratory themselves and unintentionally by starving and poisoning the cells. This misinterpretation is based on a single publication by John Franklin Enders and a colleague from June 1, 1954. This publication was ruled by the highest court in Germany in the measles virus trial that it contained no evidence of a virus. This publication became the exclusive basis not only for measles virology, but for all virology since 1954.

Virologists mentally assemble the shortest pieces of so-called genetic information from dying cells to form a very long genetic strand, which they output as the genetic strand of a virus. This conceptual / computational process is called alignment. In doing so, they did not make the control attempts, the attempt to conceptually / computationally construct the desired genetic strand even from short pieces of so-called genetic information from non-infected sources.

For the alignment of a virus, virologists always need a given genetic strand of a virus. For this, however, they always use a genetically / computationally generated genetic strand and never a real one, one found in reality. In doing so, they never attempt to check whether or not so-called genetic information could also be constructed from the existing data set, including “viral” genetic material strands of completely different viruses.

Bioinformatics is nebulous. Bioinformaticians do not check whether the results of software processing are found in reality. What Bioinformaticians do is check something that doesn’t exist in reality with something that doesn’t exist in reality.

Virologists have never seen or isolated “viruses” in humans, animals, plants or their fluids. They only did it seemingly, indirectly, and only ever by means of very special and artificial cell systems in the laboratory. They never mentioned the control attempts or documented whether they succeeded in depicting and isolating viruses in and from humans, animals, plants or their fluids.

Am I still being dishonest? What does Chicken Little think? I bet she thinks I’m dishonest.

I don’t get the Chicken Little reference, but yes, they need to use culture media to grow viruses and microorganisms in the lab. It can be difficult to grow stuff in the lab, and determination of the optimal conditions typically needs empirical testing. No idea why you’re dwelling on that?

Yes I do, and no they’re not. There’s a whole foundation of self-consistent observations in biology, chemistry, and physics that supports the interpretation of a given set of data.

Nope.

Broadly fine.

Nope.

False, and ridiculously so. Here’s some electron microscopy images of SARS-CoV-2. I’m sure you can find more, and images of other viruses, if you bother looking.

Still don’t get the reference, but I’m guessing she does think you’re being dishonest, or at least clueless.

I think that user’s forumosa name gives you a hint of what you are dealing with. :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

If I hear about Chicken Fucking Little one more time there’s going to be trouble…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

You could at least try better to refute my claims with more than “nope, false and ridiculously so” and then show some picture as the end of your argument. How’s this for an idea, use HUMAN tissue to conduct these tests instead of animal tissue. It’s not like we don’t have the ability to do that. We could have been doing that in the 50’s. It would have been a pain in the ass, as it would require an operation to get the tissue and it would mean multiple operations to get a sufficient amount of tissue. Today, with organ donors available there’s plenty of tissue that could be used that wouldn’t be sent to people in need. However, I sense that you’ll just say “don’t need to”, without anything to back that up. That’s a strange idea that we don’t need to see the virus in the host that it’s infecting, just use something else who’s DNA is close enough. Using animals works for new medicines, because if we went straight to human testing we’d have a lot more fatalities in medicine and people don’t like that. Opps, that’s what we are doing right now with the experimental medicine that being called a vaccine. Over 6,000 deaths, or very likely way more than that, in the US VAERS system. They halted the 1976 swine flu vaccine after 25 deaths and 4,000 adverse reactions.
Chicken Little says don’t worry about it and follow her…