Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

I have a friend who would never get a COVID-19 vaccine but ridicules people who think ivermectin has possible adverse effects and is not an awesome cure and preventive measure.

I do understand letting others go first with new drugs… sometimes associated side effects take a while to emerge… but why he would be fine with ivermectin but not a vaccine is beyond me.

1 Like

Yes my friend is also a fan of (unproven ) ivermectin.
I don’t get it.
But I think it’s highly related to where they are getting their sources of information.

I also know someone who believes this. I guess it’s because he hasn’t worn a mask since March 2020 (he actually takes pride in disobeying mask rules) and he hasn’t gotten sick. He is convinced that news reports of ICUs being filled with covid19 patients are part of a deep-state conspiracy. I really don’t even know what to say because he doesn’t listen to reason.

1 Like

A little background on my friend ex Marines 70 some years old and he’s very skeptical of everything also a Trump supporter and Second Amendment advocate

Spends all day listening to radical radio about government shenanigans and hidden agendas and also thinks it’s all propaganda and thought control

Yes he has completely gone full radical since he retired. Too much bloody time on his hands and nothing to really think about

Thinks this whole Covid thing is a worldwide propaganda government effort to control everybody

Doesn’t believe in even 10% of all the Covid deaths think it’s all manufactured BS

Hates wearing a mask and refuses to wear it to the point of challenging people who ask him to wear it

Believes pants can’t stop a fart how can a little facemask stop the virus

He thinks the vaccine is a microchip that’s going to make everybody follow the orders of the man

He believes it’s a worldwide movement to enslave all of us

Cannot understand why I am not heavily armed and don’t have a bazooka at home

All he wants to do is talk politics so when I go out with him I insist we do not talk politics we do not talk about the vaccine we do the talk about Covid

Needless to say I do not spend a lot of time with him

If it’s up to him we should all have a bunker have two years worth of water and food and have machine guns ready to shoot anybody who comes to the door

He’s constantly worried that somebody is spying on him like FBI the CIA and anybody else you can think
Of

Yeah I know I can really pick my friends can’t I

He was incensed when I voted for Clinton and not Trump threatened to unfriend me lol

I’m frankly surprised he didn’t shoot me

The second round I voted for Trump but I didn’t want to tell him that I voted for Trump because my track record has been such that whoever I vote for invariably loses

Such as the hidden power of Tommy 525

And I voted for Trump to make sure that he did not win

I’m glad the clown is out but I hope we have good people running Biden

God help us if we have Biden running Biden and we are beyond hope probably if we have the Vice President becoming President

I guess when you retire you can’t come to grips with the fact that you are even less important than you faintly were at some point if you were at all

That’s a tough pill to swallow for some

A lot of people who are unhappy with their Situ become radicalized and think we count far more than we actually do

That’s why a lot of people don’t want to retire because then we have to invent a whole new world to play in

1 Like

No, because I’m looked at the official statistics and for me personally it does nothing useful. Why would I want to take a medical treatment that doesn’t do anything and carries a large number of risks (and perhaps some unknown ones)?

That risk calculus is not necessarily true for other people (particularly the elderly) but as I said above those people could get a far better result by improving their general health. The fact is, though, that most people would rather have a shot or take a pill than make any changes to their lives.

I’m well aware that it exists, in the same sense that train crashes and sharks and CIA agents exist. I don’t let it worry me, because the things that are most likely to kill me have nothing to do with COVID.

Well, perhaps for him - if he’s young and healthy - that’s true. So why would you want to convince him of something that isn’t true? Do you mean the 70-year-old or someone else? COVID is rather unique in that the risk varies dramatically, in a very predictable way, from person to person.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get him to choose chicken parmigiana over the meatballs at the local Italian restaurant we go to much less try to even convince him to get the jab

And why should I
I believe the jab has risks snd I believe it has resulted in deaths

I do think it’s less risky than getting COVID and thus I got the jab

Ah, it’s the 70-year old. Wasn’t sure if you were talking about him or someone else.

His reasons are weird (where the hell did this “microchip” thing come from?) but for 70-year-olds it’s less irrational than you’d think to not get vaxed. Life expectancy in the US is about 82, so if he’s had a full life and he’s an active sort of guy who wouldn’t want to end up frail and useless, perhaps it’s not unreasonable to just take the risk. Taking a very small chance on losing 12 years of your life is not the end of the world if you don’t intend to do much with those 12 years.

1 Like

Oh wait his latest is that the vaccine is a bill gates led thing to depopulate the world by six and a half billion people

The elites want only 600 million and the rest will die slowly by vaccine induced sickness and each booster will hasten our demise

It’s all part of the Agenda by the secret elites running the planet

1 Like

Well, I guess we’ll find out one way or another soon enough, won’t we? :wink:

I believe so

In the meantime perhaps more importantly the Mrs. and myself are planning to visit Seattle for the first time in our lives and get a rental car and drive up to Vancouver yippee that’s gonna be fun

We were going to go visit our cousins in New York City but they’re scared of Covid and we’re not welcome

Was thinking of heading over to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but that’s out the window for now

1 Like

The problem with the depopulation theory is that it targets the wrong demographic. You’d want to kill off the rebellious ones and keep the compliant. If you were going to kill people with a vaccine programme, it’d do the exact opposite.

Have you tried that one on him yet?

Gosh you want me to actually debate someone like that ?

I don’t have the time I am not retired. Or retarded

I’m not seeing my friends retarded but his thinking questionable

Debates are only worthwhile if there was some sort of common thinking possible unless it’s politicians debating for your votes

2 Likes

:laughing:
he may have a point there… except pants aren’t built to obstruct farts

2 Likes

I’m just curious to know what the answer would be :slight_smile:

Oh ok I will ask him next time I see him

Spit is gonna fly though I tell you

Oh yeah since I plan to visit Seattle perhaps I will give ol billy gates a call and ask him about his world depopulation by vaccine set up

1 Like

My friend has been working from home for a few years and he is probably spending too much time on the internet, like us.
I’m just trying to figure out in my head if he changed or he was always like this.
He also ditched Facebook and WhatsApp very early on so I guess he’s skeptical of outside authorities and big companies etc etc. The vaccine thing is just another big arrow in a full quiver. And for sure some of what he thinks I go would go along with too (as I mentioned I don’t necessarily believe in a vaccine mandate as a human right). But he has also gotten difficult to talk to and of course he is saying he won’t travel again blah blah and it’s hard to escape this whole topic. I’m trying to keep my good friend as a good friend and it’s a test. Hopefully by next year covid is in the rear view mirror and we can get back to more regular light programming.

It’s a pity your buddy is still AWOL in his head. These kind of people are often good fun , opinionated , smart , but then it’s a fine line with dropping off the edge. It’s definitely not good for people to have too much time on their hands watching their fave YouTube channels over and over.

1 Like

Facebook is evil
I’m not on it

I’m not on any social media except this one and I’m glad most of my shit gets deleted here

What if one day shit I say defeats my own world domination plan

Eh ?

Don’t fear though I can barely pay off my loans lol

3 Likes

Just make sure you have your face shield on before you ask the question.
:laughing:

2 Likes

His answer would likely be:

The first rounds of vaccines were mostly saline—so the most compliant and obedient got those first.

The bio weapon is in the later rounds—reserved for the stragglers, hesitant, and forcibly injected. :slightly_smiling_face:

Diabolical! :slight_smile:

You’re not a double agent for the vaccination army, are you?

2 Likes