Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

Following the recent UK approval of Moderna’s second generation bivalent vaccine, Taiwan may move on this one too, with possible EUA and delivery in September.

Like the UK, Australia, and the EU, Taiwan is reportedly looking at the bivalent shot that targets the older omicron subvariants. The US, by contrast, is asking Moderna for a different bivalent shot to specifically target the BA.5 subvariant—but this will take longer to develop and deliver.

Guy

1 Like

Nice. More unnecessary drug trials on the public. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

Indeed. And no need to bother with all that pesky safety testing now that people have got used to the idea of being permanent guinea-pigs, and seem to be rather enjoying the whole thing.

3 Likes

Seems like Moderna is taking Pfizer and BioNTech to court - alleging Patent infringements.

1 Like

Looks like a typical patent skirmish to me.

Guy

They weren’t working selflessly for the greater good of their fellow humans?

1 Like

Edit: posted on the wrong thread. Can a mod please move this to the Corona Open thread? Thanks.

Anywhere I can find the current entry restrictions to certain establishments/events I have just moved to Taiwan and struggling to find this info.

Greed, greed, greed. Pathetic. Are they forgetting that the government’s Operation Warp Speed funded all their progress? I guess Jonas Salk making the Polio vaccine patent free for any company to use was a one-off.

Just saw in the news a Taipei woman got the AZ vaccine and was paralyzed the next day. Currently she’s in a hospital unable to move or even talk.

Didn’t think Taiwan had any AZ stocks left, when did this happen?

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence. People develop paralysis all the time for no good reason.

In any case, you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

2 Likes

AZ has not been administered in Taiwan for months. :thinking:

EDIT: Plus what @SuperS54 said.

Guy

Or given the absence of AZ stock in Taiwan, by making this up?

Guy

What happens if the omelette is inedible and/or people aren’t hungry?

1 Like

So you’re going with “the newspapers are lying”? Entirely possible, given that they’ve lied consistently for the last two years. I’d be interested to see the article.

Or maybe there is no omelette at all, but it’s important that people believe that there is.

We could probably do an entire thread on the philosophical implications of omelettes.

2 Likes

I’m saying I’d like to learn how someone in Taiwan in August 2022 can be paralyzed by a vaccine that is not currently being adminstered.

Did they dig some of the AZ out of the trash somewhere?

I’d like to know more.

Guy

A link from @keoni would be good. Journalistic standards and all.

Why are you so sure it’s not currently being administered? Do you receive SMS notifications each time somebody in Taiwan gets a dose? :rofl:

At least some clinics on https://antiflu.cdc.gov.tw/Covid19 are still showing up as having appointments available for AZ. (For what that’s worth.)

That is . . . interesting.

AZ has not been recommended for boosters, so people are seeking out AZ for their primary series in 2022? That’s a bit like right now booking a flight to Guam to finally get that elusive J&J shot. I suppose it could be possible—but why?

EDIT: This will take better google skills than I have. The latest AZ paralysis news I can find from Taiwan is from April and June 2021. Is that what’s being reheated here?

Guy