Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

Following up on @yinggeaussie 's earlier post, nearly a million extra BNT doses have arrived.

Guy

5 Likes

This Vax Poll is not intended to shame anyone or stir anything up. I’m just posting this out of curiosity.

• Unvaccinated
  • Single dose
  • Two doses
  • Boosted

0 voters

Good charts summarizing vaccine progress, and also showing how there hasn’t been many more first shots in the past few weeks.

3 Likes

Good numbers, just don’t freak out when Omnicron cases hits 80,000 p/day.

Estimate is that 1 in 75 are currently infected with Corona in the Netherlands. Hospital numbers however are still going down.

1 Like

It was at 1 in 15 in the Uk and life continued.

1 Like

I was there when it was around 1:40. Nobody gave a toss. Most people walking around maskless. Everyone still at work. My guess is that the majority of those cases were just positive tests which people ignored for all practical purposes.

1 Like

435,496 doses were given yesterday, of which 17,603 were first doses, 42,417 were second doses, and 375,476 were Third/Booster shots. 17,157,687 are now fully vaccinated which is 73.40% of the Total Population.
Of interest, going on the Eligible (12+) population (around 90% of the total population), the 1st/2nd shots become 90% and 82% respectively.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/KwZ_8viDx8f5f1-7tCMfMQ

3 Likes

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202201220007

4 Likes

Latest Taiwan COVID-19 Vaccine Adverse Event Notification Summary Report 111.1.13~1.19

FDA link: https://www.fda.gov.tw/TC/siteList.aspx?sid=1571

As with VAERS data from USA, Taiwanese data is often misrepresented.

A vaccine adverse event report refers to any event, at any time after vaccination, which people suspect or feel might possibly relate to the vaccination. These reported events occurred after vaccination but it does not mean they were caused by vaccination.

The number of adverse event reports themselves cannot explain or be used to draw conclusions on the existence, severity, frequency or incidence of vaccine-related problems, and should be explained in the context of other scientific information.

Taiwan did not publish any data on vaccine deaths.

In an email to AFP on December 17, a spokesperson from the Taiwanese CDC said no data has been published so far about deaths in Taiwan found to have been caused by Covid-19 vaccines.

Taiwan's vaccine stats misrepresented by US-based television network | Fact Check

1 Like

Sounds like the vaccine is very safe for children and teens. Only one maybe possible but not quite verified death in the report.

They’re being “misrepresented” mostly by yourself and Marco here, both of you intimating (incorrectly) that these reported deaths have no causative link with vaccination. You’re ignoring the fact that these reports are not - as Fauci tried to imply about the US system - just random coincidental deaths. In general, they originate with a medical professional who inferred that the death was most likely not coincidental. Although this is not a helpful method of investigating vaccine deaths, it does mean that if something appears in VAERS, there’s a high chance that that death was unexpected. Car accidents following vaccination do not end up in VAERS, unless there was some strange circumstance that caused the accident.

The best that can be said here is that CDC has no idea how many people actually died as a result of vaccination because they’re not even bothering to measure it (a curious oversight that seems to be global). I’m absolutely blown away by the fact that you think this represents best practice. Is it not their job to bloody well find out how many people are dying because of vaccination?

You’re also ignoring the fact that vaccines are causing an incredible number of non-fatal but otherwise serious effects. The causal link here is much easier to establish because these outcomes have a very low background rate.

3 Likes

342,525 doses were given over the weekend, of which 18,819 were first doses, 39,400 were second doses, and 284,306 were Third/Booster shots. 17,203,039 are now fully vaccinated which is 73.59% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/uIOTbKx1EmWwQc1MyGYSsA

7 Likes

You assuming a lot of things nobody said.
It simply pointed out that those numbers are not confirmed vaccine deaths.

2 Likes

And neither are they unconfirmed. You’ve repeatedly claimed on here that lack of definitive association is proof that the vaccines don’t kill anybody. How would you even “confirm” a vaccine death if the mechanisms are not entirely understood? The best that can be done is to establish probability.

It would be relatively easy to discern how many people are being killed by vaccines (with a reasonable margin of error) by looking at the temporal association between vaccination and death. But nobody is doing that. The only logical conclusion is that TPTB do not want to know - in other words, they are deliberately obfuscating something which they have a duty to investigate.

3 Likes

16450/38722834

= 99.96% of people with no reported adverse effects.

Also

=99.997% survival rate.

I don’t know anything that is safer.

Where is this incredible number you speak of? You can’t brush off the number of people who have died of the virus, the far higher number of people suffering long term effects of the virus, but then claim that 0.003% is an ‘incredible’ number.

I think it’s moving the goalposts.

You are misrepresenting things people said. I did not claim vaccines don’t kill anyone.

This is also the reason I am not interested in a conversation with you.

2 Likes

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Here is a case in Taiwan that turned from possible vaccine death into confirmed murder victim:

1 Like

A paper about what?