Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

If even a patriot like our VP William Lai switched his plans (he originally indicated he’d take the UBI vaccine), you know there must be issues.

Guy

2 Likes

So far, 640,662 people (out of 872,615 available doses) have bared their arm for a Medigen shot up to and including last weekend.

4 Likes

I think better that Taiwan focuses on trying to get contract manufacturing for established vaccines or better potentially good vaccines coming out.

Yes, that was good. But a lot of that was political and people wanting to show support for the gov and domestic vaccines. Im not sure how many people will feel the same. Actually I question if can reach 2.5 million (the 5 million allowance this year)

Genuine question, do these contract manufacturing agreements expire after a year?

It would have to depend on that contract. Im sure they arent uniform

Canada has a new vaccine coming, the Medicago https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210518-medicago-gsk-report-positive-covid-vaccine-trial

Italy also has the Reithera one that has good results so far and Mexico want to manufacture
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210518-medicago-gsk-report-positive-covid-vaccine-trial

1 Like

Comes with a free deep dish pizza with every shot.

1 Like

Whats the joke? Do Canadians particularly like Deep Dish?

The name sounds like medicine and chicago put together.

1 Like

from the leftfield a bit to be honest

It sounds like terrible name for a vaccine. Deep dish indeed! :stuck_out_tongue:

Guy

1 Like

I haven’t seen any smear campaigns against AZ from the US.
My take is that J&J, Pfizer, Moderna got the approval earlier and it didn’t make sense financially for AZ to try to enter the crowded market. They already have an abundance of choices so why spend resources on it?

4 Likes

In Spanish it sounds like something worse. .

1 Like

Medicago is name of the company Developing novel vaccines and therapeutic proteins | Medicago
Name of vaccine is CoVLP and will be made from plants CoVLP - Wikipedia

But vaccine looks good and is Phase 3. Would be great if one of the Taiwanese companies could manufacture

1 Like

Please elaborate :howyoudoin:

A million AZ coming today from Thailand

8 Likes

I love waking up to surprise vaccine shipment news. :heart:

What about that first Pfizer batch? Thought we were getting it before the end of August…

3 Likes

9/1 in the evening

1 Like

I hope this means that my second AZ shot for the end of September is not going to be pushed back indefinitely.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will. I have my second shot in early October too.

1 Like