Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

A post was merged into an existing topic: Should Taiwan buy BioNTech/Pfizer COVID vaccines from Fosun?

Mayor Ko is saying that vaccination of big noses will take place at Xinyi Junior High School.

2 Likes

What???

Separate location for adoga?

That’s apartheid.

Brilliant for the Tienmu folks.

Thanks Ko!!

Guy

God knows what he really means. I’m guessing we can choose either to mix it with the hoi polloi or head to Xinyi high school.

Ah, yes, it’s because the English language registration website is run by Beiyi (Taipei Medical University Hospital) so I guess Beiyi has selected a single site to do the big nose vaccinations from, Xinyi high school being down the road.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Should Taiwan buy BioNTech/Pfizer COVID vaccines from Fosun?

Seems like Swapsies are the only way of getting the Israeli vaccines Vaccine-scarce Korea accepts Israel’s offer of Pfizer doses close to expiry

Korea will recieve 700,000 from Israel and will then send them a fresh batch later in return

The 75+ ones were done there too, link is here, but will need updating to lower ages.
https://vaccine.tmuh.org.tw

I like it. We’ll be mollycoddled. They even said the foreign affairs police will be there to help out. Plus it’ll protect us from laobaixing who may be carrying the virus.

1 Like

My dad just got his shot yesterday, and the “facility” was just an abandoned outdoor parking lot. I wonder if there’s AC at the Xinyi Junior High School, or are people just going to be sitting on plastic chairs on the field.

1 Like

I expect opulence. Fruit baskets and avocado toast. A bottle of lucozade and a lollipop.

3 Likes

Where’s my flat white from Woolloomooloo?

If I’m going to travel to Xinyi for this, it had better be done right. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

You can walk to Woolly from there…flat white, slice of pav

2 Likes

Hah! I was there today. Of the many “customers” lining up for vaccination (and not distancing), I was the only one who didn’t appear to be laobaixing.

1 Like

您的卡號錯誤或非本期開放登記對象

I see this error message once I enter my details onto the vaccine registration page. Just wanted to confirm that other ineligible foreigners are also seeing this.

1 Like

thats not an error message, its saying you are too young and virile to register right now

2 Likes

LOL, this appeared as an error popup dialog once I entered my details. Also, what if I had some rare comorbidities and was eligible for Group 9?

Yeah, I got the same message

So if any Taiwanese adult fills it out (no matter what age), they have to fill out a preference sheet where they list their preferred location and preferred vaccines. Some of my friends in their 20s said that.

Maybe the system does not support foreigners yet? I have the old ARC format btw. Have people succeeded in signing up yet?

Use yr old ARC number if it’s still on your health card