Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Hat tip to @tando for breaking this news earlier today:

Is there room on this sticker for another cartoon animal?

Guy

10 Likes

New stickers!

3 Likes

Wow, messed up…

Some guys in Taichung (primary suspect is owner of Taichung-based biotech company) set up fake vaccination registration website for leftover vaccines and tricked ~700 people into giving away their personal info…

2 Likes

We’ve just passed 19%.

It took 50 days to reach 1%. The last 3 days each surpassed 1% of the population!

Let the supplies keep coming in!

4 Likes

Any updates @crusher ? Hope you got your appointment soon. I got two pals in the over 50 no illness with appointments next week.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Questions and Answers about how to get the Coronavirus Vaccine

This is kind of a recap of stories related to covid in Taiwan. Toward the end, it states this:

”疫苗意願登記達814萬人 17萬人1天內變心願打AZ

截至16日下午5時,全國有814萬人登記表明願意接種,其中逾17萬人是在1天內改變心意,願意接種AZ疫苗。”

Roughly: “Over 8 million registered for vaccinations. Among these, 170,000 changed their preference to a willingness to receive AZ in one day.”

Cool. I wonder what happened? In any event, I guess there won’t be a stall in vaccinations due to hesitancy. Not for the next few weeks anyway.

2 Likes

After my vaccination early yesterday morning, I feel very good today, a bit over 24 hours later. I had a fitful sleep last night. The soreness in my arm got more intense than I expected, and I had a slight headache all throughout the night. And I was thirsty all night so I kept drinking from the 1.5l bottle of water I had next to the bed. But this meant multiple bathroom breaks. I still kept forcing myself back to sleep. I slept 'till 8, which I never do.

And today, I feel fantastic! Almost back to 100%. I would like to run later but I will probably hold off for one more day.

9 Likes

It’s almost 23 hours since my second AZ vax. I have some minor muscle aches, a light feeling of swelling in my nasal membranes, some wooziness and fatigue, and what feels like the very edge of a headache, like a slight pressure behind my eyes. It’s milder than what I experienced the first time around, which itself was quite mild.

I will be taking it easy today, and perhaps some Panadol if needed.

5 Likes

Those symptoms might not necessarily be a result of the vaccine. Did you get your flu shot this year yet?

Minister Chen already got his second shot.

3 Likes

That’s almost a four month wait between shots—15 weeks?

Given the stakes involved now, I would have preferred that man to be vaccinated on schedule.

Guy

1 Like

Same here. Rest more, do not exert physically and take lots of water. Mineral water does wonders for me as well as the special drinks from the pharmacy for cold/fever.

Good article to share with old people

1 Like

Article quotes a doctor saying that neither vaccine brand is better than another, then cites research showing Pfizer is better :laughing:

NTC vaccinated only about 60% of its capacity, and wants to increase people making appointments, iiuc.

1 Like

Maybe he has been a bit busy and couldn’t risk it if he had it bad the day after.

Imagine the tabloid headlines if he had a day off sick when the delta variant was knocking around a few weeks ago.

My favorite part is this quote “ However, the US Director of Disease Control, Dr. Foqi, said frankly: “Different vaccines cannot be compared horizontally. This comparison is meaningless.”

Ahh . . . isn’t that exactly what Taiwan plans on doing to support the effectiveness of the domestic vaccines.

1 Like

Immonobridging! Also know as ‘creative accounting’ in biotech circles :rofl:

yeah I don’t believe much of what the Taiwanese government says. It’s like a door to door salesmen. I’m not going to trust health experts that are going to be using the pfizerBNT vaccine to first vaccinate 13-18year olds. Shows me they don’t have much of an idea how this virus even works.

1 Like