Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Sure, i can agree. But it is good that countries wanted to help. It’s good that we have some more recognition for the stuff we did for them. It’s good that countries are more willing to speak for us.

1 Like

Yeah and also making a huge political show that would be ready in July.

1 Like

I do.

Have any teachers here NOT been vaccinated? So many of my friends have but I heard nothing from my school and the children will be back at school in 2 weeks.

My school gave send out a list with our information a few weeks back, but nothing.

2 Likes

Taipei?

Yes, Taipei

It is scheduled to be vaccinated for practitioners in the supplementary education industry on July 30 and August 2

Thank you. Should my school already have been contacted by now?

I’ve heard nothing.

It is to help remedial education providers to vaccinate, but there are more than 12,000 people in Taipei City’s remedial education providers. At present, the amount that the Beishi government can grasp is not enough. Unless the central government has a vaccine, there is no way to help remedial education in the past few days. Vaccination by the industry. The Beijing Municipal Government is also anxious and promised that if the vaccine comes down on August 4, it will help the remedial education industry as soon as possible.

Using the list of Vaccines available from the attachment in the post by @olm and the totals that have been vaccinated by Tuesday (7,313,286) that means that there were about 2.1m doses available on Wednesday morning (including the 582k that arrived yesterday and will take a week or so to get out to vaccination centres). At the current rate of vaccinations (about 250K per day, less at weekends) we maybe have a week to go before the 'fridge is empty.

As usual though, we don’t know what is arriving until a day before at best.

1 Like

I think the authorities realized this a while ago. That’s why the stance on vaccine mixing has changed. Slowly but surely. (a) No mixing! (b) We are studying it. (c) There have been studies overseas but those have been for non-Asians. (d) Since mixing has been shown abroad to work well, we will now allow it based on their data. But only for priority groups 1-3.

Well, you see where this is going.

DPP legislator Wang Ting-yu has claimed that 1 million additional doses (a mix of AZ and Moderna) will arrive before the end of July. I don’t know if this guy is reliable, but if so, that would mean arrivals tomorrow and/or Friday.

Guy

5 Likes

It would certainly be good news.

Plus, our buddy Lithuania is coming through with their 20k. :sunglasses: :lithuania:

1 Like

I was talking with a Taiwanese friend and she says that the government is turning down Japan’s donations because they want to prop up Medigen. Has anyone else heard this or have seen a new report?

There was a whole thread in local forums a long time ago.

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Gossiping/M.1623229056.A.282.html

Also head of CECC said 要捐就快點再晚就沒意思了. There’s many possible translations for this sentence.

1 Like

Seems to be at conflict with trying to get everyone vaccinated quickly and how New Taipei City and Taipei are vaccinating people faster that CECC is delivering.

1 Like

And the CECC complains about that, too.

Not too fast, not too slow, just the speed for medigen to go!

I really want to believe in our leaders, but BS like this goes to show that they are just people like us. They say stupid things, too.

It’s a myth to believe that anyone is better than anyone. We’re just mortals after all.

While no one is perfect and everyone has flaws, there are certainly some people better… or at least more competent… than others.

2 Likes