Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Probably EVA - as BR78 left Amsterdam at 22:03 local time last night and is due to land at Taoyuan at 16:36. And flying over the PRC no less at present, just south of Kunming.

3 Likes

Are you planning to get your shot right on the tarmac? :grinning:

3 Likes

Hey if I was able to do so, I’d be on my way to TPE right now!

Let’s get this done!

Guy

1 Like

It makes sense doesn’t it … open space, supply right there. Jab jab jab …

1 Like
5 Likes

Anyone been able to find a Kaohsiung hospital with leftover vaccine?

Two comments:

a) Moderna will be available on July 2nd. I read this morning (Chinese newspaper) that there were something like 39,000 Moderna reservations made in the first 30 minutes. So we should see some good numbers soon.
b) Vaccine hesitancy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. By simply observing other countries, Taiwan can learn and proactively take steps so that the same mistakes aren’t being made here. This is recent history folks. Let’s get with the program.

3 Likes

Thank you, asshole media.

5 Likes

Well good for me. If the others don’t want it, it’ll be a shorter wait for the rest of us.

4 Likes

That’s the only upside. But if vaccine hesitancy hardens it means COVID will always be in Taiwan.

3 Likes

Let the hukou holders deal with it in the long term.

1 Like

I heard from several friends who were trying to book for parents this morning, that the systems (especially in New Taipei) couldn’t handle the numbers of people accessing and kept crashing. Then, when they finally got through, all the appointments were full in many areas.

So, it seems there is plenty of demand in the other priority groups.

I think that once the numbers of vaccinated people gets above a certain level, enough that a number of someone’s friends, neighbours, or family have had it, the hesitancy will decrease.

Also unfortunately situations may occur where a family member or someone they know dies of COVID or is seriously ill, and then the penny will drop amongst (some of) the holdouts.

Sadly it seems, in virtually all countries, it takes a serious outbreak to get lots of people to the vaccine stations.

6 Likes

My wife has hers booked for Friday, she was telling me all the Moderna slots are fully booked, while AZ has loads of openings.

1 Like

And by then it is too late.

Plan ahead!

Guy

1 Like

In Taipei City, Xinbei, or elsewhere?

Guy

Over 72 or pregnant?

Both🤭

2 Likes

No, I am already booked, thanks, bit I would like nice pictures of the Dreamliner bringing them in. Work and all that jazz.

Kind of surprised they flew right through China like that. Caught up with the flightpath almost crossing Guangdong.

Again, allow me to react, not to your wife, but the rest:

1 Like

That looks like a 777 to me. As always, corrections welcome!

EDIT: Correction below: it’s apparently a 787-10.

Guy

3 Likes