Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Vaccination are planned on July 2-5 at 258 locations in Taipei.

foreigners 72 or older should register at vaccine site of Taipei Medical University Hospita on June 30 and July 1, from 8am to 5pm.

Who cannot do the online registration should call to district office on July 3 or 4.

2 Likes

Do you have corresponding info for New Taipei City? Thanks.

If you can read German

Will probably result in more bad press for AZ.

Almost the same.

72 or older. registration on June 30 and July 1 from 8am to 10pm, vaccination from July 2 to 4. Link to registration page is on NTC gov site.
Maybe NTC has both vaccines, though Taipei doesn’t have AZ.

2 Likes

Thanks very much.

How much of the population is over 70? It seems like we’ve been vaccinating that group for months now.

1 Like

The effect of a tiger baby and a dragon baby is quite big. On this graph, the 9 year olds are tigers. Not good so there were less babies. The 7 year olds are dragons. Good! So there are more.

1 Like
1 Like

Taiwan is so fucked in 20 years. Hopefully it won’t be a repeat of the COVID vaccination shortsightedness.

1 Like

More men at every age group below 30. Does that mean people have been aborting females?

Or maybe…if the first one is male, they stop. If the first one is female, they have a second??

1 Like

Correct , both of those happen although sex selection is illegal it does happen quite regularly . It happens on the second baby and third baby sometimes also. A

More females than males in the 35 to 45 group though. No wonder i liked Taiwan 15 years ago.

2 Likes

My wife just spoke to her dad. If his attitude is anything to go by…

He basically said that he will drop down dead if he gets vaccinated. The doctor spoke to him today and he still won’t even consider it. My wife’s mom wont either. And she said none of her dance friends are going to. They have all been scared by of the blood clot stories.

There is also the opinion in Taiwan that if you are unhealthy, you shouldn’t take it. Isn’t that the opposite way round?

The younger age groups might be getting a chance earlier than expected if their views are widespread.

6 Likes

Are they waiting for Moderna or just put off vaccines altogther?
I’ve been assuming there will be a surge of vaccine uptake after Moderna is available.

Yep. They actually say that’s what doctors say.

The parents are not going to take any.

Are they (the parents) educated?

Guy

Can you explain this to me? Why do the superstitious lot believe “tiger babies” are bad? Is there some folktale about tigers turning on their parents?